Game won't install

Online now: No visible users
justine Elitist Beer Lover
My granddaughter got a learning game for the Mac i gave her. She can play it from the cd, but it won't install on the hard drive. It keeps looking for an OS 9 folder. The requirements on the box say "OS X 10.2, 7.6.1 or higher". I've never seen req that have OSX and an old OS like that. Is there some way to install it without trying to find a copy of OS 9 first? The Mac is running 10.3, by the way.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
in the get info box, make sure that the open in classic box is not checked, that is all I can think of
moff moff wrote:
in the get info box, make sure that the open in classic box is not checked, that is all I can think of

I don't see anywhere that i can check or uncheck anything.
it says open using rosetta right above the locked option, that is where the classic option would be as well

FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
44.68 KiB - Viewed 332 time(s)

moff moff wrote:
it says open using rosetta right above the locked option, that is where the classic option would be as well

FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg

Nope. Not there. Maybe we're looking in different places? It uses the Vise installer by the way.
hhighlight the vise installer, then choose get info
moff moff wrote:
hhighlight the vise installer, then choose get info

I did.
you might also try to right click on the vise installer and choose show content, then check for a classic folder, if it is there just delete it
Drag the installer to the desktop and try again.
Thanks guys. I've tried all that. It just keeps telling me i don't have an OS 9 system folder. I guess she'll just have to play from the cds. :/
You don't see the classic option, because Classic is dead. Don't exist no more in Leopard.

What is the objection to playing from the CD's? You could always image them on the HD and play from the images, I s'pose.

.tsooJ
It isn't a big deal really, but since she's 3, i thought the cds would be safer elsewhere.
sean Royal Wombat
justine wrote:
It isn't a big deal really, but since she's 3, i thought the cds would be safer elsewhere.

If your concern is for the CDs, then you could either image them to the HD. Another option is to copy them to a CD-r, and let her use the copy, keeping the original in a safe place.
Yes, I was going to also suggest a CD image.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game won't install