Dead Space 2

Online now: juice, ukimalefu
Anyone else play this one? I got it on sale not too long ago and have been slowly working my way through it. I'm approaching the end (I understand there's an unkillable necro just around the corner), but anyway I've quite enjoyed it. Definitely liked it better than 1, which started off super scary and creepy but then became absurdly repetitive.

Revisiting the Ishimura was one of the scariest damn experiences I've ever had in a game. It was so smart of them to start off with lots of empty, monster-free halls.

Another great thing about this game is the improved use of sound effects ... being able to hear the critters somewhere but not knowing where they are? Awesome!
user Stupid cockwomble
I never finished 1 because of that damn mini-game and I hardly ever give up on games. About that final necro:

When you get to the end, last room before getting on the elevator, you'll want to sure to stock up on freeze and and health and ammo for your best weapon - for me it was the assault - you're going to be freezing and running the fiddlesticks away from him while dealing with other necros along the way.

But make sure you leave some slots with cutter ammo. When you start a new game in continue mode, you'll have that ammo and be real happy you did.
I did end up finishing it ... surprisingly easy!

For the part where I was being chased by that unkillable bastard, I just ran like hell, hardly fought at all. Kind of funny, I never did that in a game before. Hardly took any damage at all, did pretty much zero shooting.

Doing a second playthrough with all my human waste. Maxed out a couple of weapons so far, which makes it way funner. I like the javelin kablooie aspect!
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Up to chapter 6 on it. Finally getting around to the free Digital Deluxe I got from EA for getting BF3. Man it is freakier than the first game. What the heck is with all the alien zombie children!! Reason I never got into Silent Hill, hated the zombie children. But still, in DS2, I do applaud the atmosphere created with it. Very well done. Audio especially. Much better than the crap Capcom has dished out since RE4.
user Stupid cockwomble
Exploding babies for the win.
I was so glad I had the DDE when that came along. Just switched to my kinetic force gun and blasted them all in one shot.
Yeah, the babies are creepy, but the worst was the sequence at the primary school. Actually I almost quit the game at that point. Between the babies and the kids it was too damn much.
Yeah I just did the primary school. The moment I opened the doors and saw the mother blow up scene...I had that force gun out. Just knew there'd be a lot of baby bomb action. Was a bit disturbing. DS1's babies were bad but I got past it. DS2 adding kids and bomb babies...no way any minor should play it. Its rated M for a reason.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Dead Space 2