Is EA that bad?
44% 44% [ 4 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
44% 44% [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
EA is the greatest evil in this land...

Overall, I don't think that consumerist poll will matter much. EA does it's own thing. It won't make them stop and think why consumers are angry with them. But honestly, I voted for EA mostly because they've earned it in my book. Did I have issues with other companies on that contest, yeah. But the fiasco with Steam, all the hit titles the last couple years, and memories of their hand in killing the Dreamcast...just overpowered any sense of reason.

How bout you all. I totally agree more companies on that list deserved it too. Shame they couldn't give out multiple poo awards :D.
Link? Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Nini wrote:
Link? Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.

+1

I'd like to consider myself 'in the know' since I'm a gamer but you have me at a loss. I thought the Activision was the New Evil.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Feh, I think Zynga is vastly more deserving. They paved the way for every nasty micropayment based time management sim clogging up the App Store and were as predatory as EA in eating up smaller studios and properties.

Last edited by Nini on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Sure, EA hasn't illegally thrown people out of their houses, made shady moves to put bad European investment risks onto American taxpayers, pushed subprime mortgages, or literally stolen money from its customers but they made my video gaming experience less than optimum! :mad:

stick fiddling hell, this is a whole new special privileged subcategory of First World Problems.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
"First world problems" as a term makes me very annoyed.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
what that tallgeese over there said.
Nini wrote:
Feh, I think Zynga is vastly more deserving. They paved the way for every nasty micropayment based time management sim clogging up the App Store and were as predatory as EA in eating up smaller studios and properties.

That is a good point.

Activision also stands to be listed among that ranking. Ubisoft too. Heck Capcom has been doing worse than EA for years when it comes to DLC.

Actually we need a worst video game company ranking. But then I'd want to vote more than once :D.
can't we just say that gabe Newell is the greatest. even if he can't count to three.

Last edited by mmaverick on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:45 pm.

Gaben likes My Little Pony...does that count?
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Many are apparently mad at Capcom for now putting "DLC" directly on the disc you buy.

:lol:
I've always heard that EA is one of those tech giants that treats most of its employees like completely disposable serfs.

But then again they've survived and prospered in one hell of a tough marketplace for a couple of decades, which I don't think would be possible without a certain degree of ruthlessness.
I see your EA sympathy and raise you Valve.
I remember doing a report on EA for a class in high school back in the 90s. Place was like heaven to work for. One of the most desirable companies to work for at the time. Then next I knew, down the toilet.

Capcom DLC is just insane right now. I refuse to buy their products anymore. Course, their quality has been going down. Aside from fighting games. But still, too many versions. Surprised Japan puts up with them.
EA lost it when they decided they were in the business to make a buck not to make a game.
Gamers are the biggest whiney uncouth individuals ever. The "worst" gaming company changes so often it isn't even funny. I remember when EA was horrid, then Activision was the worst, now it is back to EA again. These companies exist to make lots of money. If you don't like what they do, don't buy the games, but for fiddlesticks sakes, stop with the whining about how they don't love you and want to rape your pocketbook or your small dog. Grow the hell up.
I dislike the way they treat their employees and the way they've stifled the growth in a lot of game genres. When the big guys keep buying up the little guys, it's difficult to not buy their games.
mmaverick wrote:
I dislike the way they treat their employees and the way they've stifled the growth in a lot of game genres. When the big guys keep buying up the little guys, it's difficult to not buy their games.

True. It is hard to avoid EA outright because they've bought up so many. Then they kill them off in time. Boycotts don't really work. Not buying at launch is usually all I can muster up...but then certain titles, its still rough. I was a hair from getting ME3. Thankful my finances haven't been super recently so I avoided feeling disappointed by the ending like everyone else.

I don't remember gamers being so whiny back in the 16 bit days when I started. Games were made and we were just thrilled to see all the new titles. Course there was tons of companies. Lots of ideas being greenlighted. Heck, they made games about picking boogers back then. First time I really started to notice a lot of whining was probably in the Playstation era, think towards the end. Dreamcast really highlighted things more. Then PS2 and Xbox it just seemed to balloon.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Geesie wrote:
Sure, EA hasn't illegally thrown people out of their houses, made shady moves to put bad European investment risks onto American taxpayers, pushed subprime mortgages, or literally stolen money from its customers but they made my video gaming experience less than optimum! :mad:

stick fiddling hell, this is a whole new special privileged subcategory of First World Problems.

And EA managed to win the poo. FWP indeed.
mmaverick wrote:
EA lost it when they decided they were in the business to make a buck not to make a game.

Unfortunately EA forgot both things are not mutually exclusive. Gamers sometimes forget that too but not to the degree EA has.

Bank of America still should have won.
NoExit Vote for Dan
he can all hate more than one time at a time.
I just hate 4:38 so much!
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I just wish EA would change their name to Electronic Sports. They haven't done artistic games since Realms of Impossibility and Archon.
except that they do many many games other than sports ones.
Is EA that bad?
44% 44% [ 4 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
44% 44% [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

So the news is out...