Diablo III 5/15/12

Online now: Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, juice, kamizuno, StaticAge, Yahoo [Bot]
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Digital Pre-purchase available now.
Quote:
When you pre-purchase Diablo III, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game that will be unlocked upon release on May 15.

System Reqs
Quote:
Minimum Reqs:
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband* Internet connection
1024x748 minimum resolution

Mac® OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.x or newer
Intel® Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
2 GB RAM
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband* Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution

Recommended Reqs
Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac® OS X 10.7.x or newer
Intel® Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

NoExit Vote for Dan
thanks to FiOS i was able to download D3 in 40mins :D
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
Geesie wrote:
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

QFT.

I played the beta. I am just not certain I want to pay the full game.

Sadly, I think my gaming days are slowly fading. I have no urge at all to keep playing TOR, don't see D3 as being a lot of fun. Still play some FPS stuff on my Xbox, and I am looking forward to Borderlands 2 this fall and GTAV hopefully next year, but otherwise... Meah.
Don't grow up, Warin! Don't do it!

It's just so scary out there ... scary and responsible.
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
Come fly away with me to Never Never Land!

Hugs & kisses,
MJ
Ha! I left my computer open at school a few years back and a classmate changed my status to “I slept with Michael Jackson when I was a kid and I turned out fine!”

And I think it is less a matter of growing up and more a matter of finding the whole MMO/RPG genre entirely stale and boring. I picked up the full on Dragon Age Origins game a few months back and played it for like an hour or two and just havent picked it up again.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
But this is not MMO/RPG...it's hack 'n slash. NEWAY, I know I'll be playing it, though I finally uninstalled Diablo2 and snapped the install CD in half when I realized Hell mode was just not designed for one player to beat it.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I put 499 hours into Dragon Age:Origins and 184 hours into Dragon Age 2.

But neither of those come close to the 951 hours that I played in GTA:SA.
Conner Of Gallifrey
CE Preordered, taking the week off (tuesday to the following monday) to enjoy it. A few of my other friends are taking random days off - I'm excited!

Also; OMG A CONNER POST.
Oh hai! How's life, Conner?
Well so far, this game is off too a flying start...NOT!! Hooray epic WORLWIDE LAUNCH FAIL!
:D
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I think I will stick with Skyrim for the foreseeable future.
1 hour later, the game is pretty slick. One of the most graphically interesting I've ever seen. I couldn't play long because I have to work and stuff. It strikes me that you start off way too powerful, but maybe the strength of the baddies will require that.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
well, in diablo you were usually pretty much a badass against most things.
But you normally had to kill a bunch of grunts before you got any special skills. Now a Barbarian starts out with a monster hurling bash special attack. I kinda' miss just starting out as a nobody rather than a seasoned hero.

Still, it's really no big deal.
Conner Of Gallifrey
~ 17 hours in and I'm on Nightmare. Enjoying the hell out of it, can't way to play more. :)
:cry: My MBP is too old to play D3. I can run it at the very lowest graphics settings, but even then I can run into situations where the screen updating is too slow: "OK, zombie-things over here at the edge of the screen, let me zap 'em with...dang, now they're all around me and now I'm dead. Ghost running back...."
Smooth sailing at full res and max detail on 2011 imac. I'm sorry for your loss.
OK, I've downloaded and tried out the real program as opposed to the beta and...it's OK. A little slow at times when the screen is a bit busy with baddies and I'm running D3 at about the lowest video level possible, but it is playable. A friend of mine suggested that the beta probably was somewhat hindered by monitoring addons that aren't used on the program.

I do have a question: has anyone seen quests marked with blue exclamation points? Up until a week or so ago I had spotted some of these in the first (Tristram) and second zones (the desert town) and assumed that Blizzard was following the WoW model and having a set of daily quests, but when I tried to find these again I couldn't find any blue exclamation points at all. A cursory Google search revealed nothing--overwhelmingly the search returns were explanations for WoW only and not for D3. Has anyone seen these in D3 or an explanation of why they (apparently) went away?
Are you sure it is exclamation points for quests and not asterisks for talking?
I think the ! is for quest related events. The * is just for any character with something new to say.
I've been told that the blue exclamation points were for side quests not related to the overall quest of killing/neutralizing Diablo, but two days ago I did see such a quest that was NOT marked with a blue exclamation point (a portal was temporarily opened and the player's task was to explore the region beyond and return before the portal was closed--I failed to return in time and so did not get the additional experience points and gold rewards for completing that quest) so maybe one of the more recent patches replaced the blue exclamation points with standard yellow ones.
So I bought this yesterday. In my teeny home town in northern BC, I found a copy of the collectors edition selling for regular retail. I, of course, snapped it up. But now I am thinking that if I wait a few weeks and leave it sealed, it could fetch an excellent price on eBay. What do you guys think? Double or triple my money or play it and have a cool USB drive and dock?

edit: I opened that sucker and installed it! In the end, the lure of a few extra bucks was less than the lure of a new game. Sadly, the Diablo skull does not, as I had hoped, actually work as a dock for the drive and plug into my MBP. Just a block of plastic. but the art book is awesome, and my son can now play Diablo II since I already own D2 and the Xpack so he gets the codes for those.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Diablo III 5/15/12