Cider

Online now: Google [Bot]
crumble Bow ties are Cool
I just ran across this Cider thing. I guess it was announced at the 2007 MWSF. I vaguely remember hearing something about it back then, but I can't be sure.

Some people seem to have either hailed it as the savior of the Mac platform (as far as games are concerned) or declared that it signaled the death of gaming on the Mac platform.

That first link up there says that you can see all the games that have been brought to Mac via cider on gametreeonline.com. Well, yeah, it would seem that you can.

All six of them.
Petz: Catz 2
Petz: Dogz 2
Puzzle Quest
The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes
The Tuttles: Madcap Misadventures

Come ON! Six freaking games? SIX?

Where's the beef? :brow:
Hmm... the games forum. What a concept.
-facepalm-

Thanks for moving it, whoever got it.
Cider and some "kids in their basements" can do this:

:twisted:

No stick fiddling windows on my stick fiddling Mac mini.

:lol:

I got one crash (I blame little snitch) and it's a little slow (but I set graphics to best, on the Mac mini)

Online doesn't work.

Believe it

:D
Damn. :shifty: Anyone showing Halo some love?

My MBP has a similar dislike for Windows... though I've forced XP on it for using the occasional game, I won't be subjecting it to Vista. A Ciderific Halo suite of Halo (I have the Mac version of the first one) would be just what I'm looking for.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I do all my gaming on the other computer.
I just use BootCamp if I need Winders.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I only have one license for winders so I ended up installing Ubuntu into my Parallels installation.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I just use BootCamp if I need Winders.

Me too, until I run into games (Halo) that require Vista. I caved in and bought XP, but to hell with Vista. I already paid my MS Tax in order to play a few mainstream games.
Halo 2 requires Vista?
I thought it was just the new DirectX, which was worked around almost immediately
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Yep, I don't have Halo 2 though.
Phydeaux wrote:
Halo 2 requires Vista?

Yes.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo2.aspx
user Stupid cockwomble
Marc wrote:
I thought it was just the new DirectX, which was worked around almost immediately

I'll have to search for that. I hate having to play H2 on an Xbox and would love to be able to fire it up under XP on my iMac.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Cider