FPS on PS3

Online now: No visible users
Yes I just bought a PS3,

So do any of you use any of the 3rd party "mouse/keyboard" things with the PS3 and how do you like it? I am having a hard time with the dual joystick setup.

What I have found available are:

Fragnstein
FragFX Shark
EagleEye Converter

Which one works the best and why? (or you can just tell me to suck it up and get used to the joysticks! :p )

-mark
user Stupid cockwomble
Give the controller a chance. I've gotten to where I don't even want to game on my computer anymore.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I still mostly prefer my keyboard over the controller on my PC.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
user wrote:
Give the controller a chance. I've gotten to where I don't even want to game on my computer anymore.

BLASPHEMY!!! UNCLEAN!!! UNCLEAN!!!! :lol:

Lot of stuff works on the PS3. I found my old Thrustmaster PC/PS2 pad works perfectly on the PS3. So much so, I don't need to buy a 2nd controller.
So does anybody have any of the mentioned products?

I'm thinking the Eagle Eye, because I am hoping I can just use the mouse for aiming and then use my PS "motion navigation" for the movement. We'll see.

-mark
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
I looked at the Frag Shark for 360 but ultimately chose the XIM 3. The XIM 3 will work on PS3 but isn't 'officially supported'. The XIM forums do however have a robust PS3 board.
If you want a cheap improvement on FPS games and use the standard controller. Buy extenders for your thumb sticks. Run about $10 a package. It'll extend the thumbsticks to about another half inch. Greatly improves aiming ability. Trust me, I use them, they do work. Feel weird at first but they work. You may have to tweak sensitivity settings.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
I looked at the Frag Shark for 360 but ultimately chose the XIM 3. The XIM 3 will work on PS3 but isn't 'officially supported'. The XIM forums do however have a robust PS3 board.

Yes I have seen that, how do you like it?

-mark
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Love it. Especially for FPS. XIM3 is well thought out and designed. Bit of a learning curve if you want to get into the nuts & bolts on tweaking it. I didn't make my final decision until an OXM review. They gave it a 9 out of 10. Their biggest complaint "Help we're drowning in wires". That is very true but manageable with wire ties.
And to think...all the money M$ could have made had they...ALLOWED FREAKEN KEYBOARDS AND MICE FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!! :mad:
I think all the consoles should have allowed it! I'm sorry but the 2 joysticks suck for FPS. Yes I am getting more adept at it; but they still suck.

-mark
Well PS3 allowed it but Sony really didn't push the functionality. M$ also secured more major FPS titles for Xbox. Remember, PS3 at one time only had Resistance.
Yah. I am on shows so I am going through BF3 withdrawl right now.

-mark
Heh, I feel that. I really want to play BF3 again but it won't let me on PC. I keep having this stupid bug with battlelog since last patch. I can fix it for a day but then its back again. Keeps saying I'm in XP when I clearly run Vista. Yeah I have to put the game into XP mode at times just to run it, but it used to have no issue switching in and out of XP mode. Finally just gave up and said the heck with it. There is a monster patch coming to BF3 and I'm hoping that finally fixes this crap. But I do have a feeling that if I upgraded to 7 this would go away. While the game works in Vista, I just don't think DICE is too concerned with patching for it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

FPS on PS3