Steam Beta for Android & iOS

Online now: No visible users
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Steam beta journeys to Android and iOS, for select invitees
Quote:
Our friends at Joystiq are members of a privileged club of which we are not. We've both downloaded and installed the mobile version of Steam -- now available as a free beta download for Android and iOS -- but where they found Mac and PC games for sale, along with the ability to chat with friends, browse profiles and read gaming news, we were greeted with red text that states our accounts are not part of the beta. Damn our luck! For those interested to give Valve's handiwork a spin, it seems that downloading and installing the app puts you in the queue for a future invite. Won't you join us in the line?

Anyone here part of the 'select few'?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I have the app installed, but it says that it cannot connect to the server and to check if I have a valid internet connection.

I have both a 3G and wi-fi connection on the phone.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I finally got it to connect, but of course my account is not part of the beta.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Now both of us have access to the beta, not much on there yet though.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
arkayn wrote:
Now both of us have access to the beta, not much on there yet though.

Yes, again thanks!

Yeah folks you're not missing much. I can see friends, message friends, join groups and buy/shop computer games but not actually launch or play mobile games yet. My very first reaction was 'oh this is like Facebook but with Steam friends'.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
There will most likely not be any games for iOS anyway. Might not be any for Android either.

It is mostly just a chat client so you do not have to have it open on the computer while playing games.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Steam Beta for Android & iOS