Doctor Who: Worlds In Time, a browser-based, free MMO

Online now: No visible users
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
user Stupid cockwomble
Jammies?

Confused with Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy?
ukimalefu Wasn't me
user wrote:
Jammies?

The excuse is that The Doctor tends to appear at the most inopportune moments, and when he met Amy Pond, she was wearing her pajamas. The explain this when you start the game.

You get to buy new clothes eventually. I've completed only the first mission and I won some gold. But if you want to get more stuff faster, it seems you can buy gold with real money. Still can't afford new clothes.

Oh, and the doctor gives you something that looks like a sonic screwdriver, but for some reason they call it a "gadget".
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:
Jammies?

The excuse is that The Doctor tends to appear at the most inopportune moments, and when he met Amy Pond, she was wearing her pajamas. The explain this when you start the game.

You get to buy new clothes eventually. I've completed only the first mission and I won some gold. But if you want to get more stuff faster, it seems you can buy gold with real money. Still can't afford new clothes.

Oh, and the doctor gives you something that looks like a sonic screwdriver, but for some reason they call it a "gadget".

This, at least, is a more clever way to get you to pony up with real cash than some of the schemes I've seen...
I've yet to pony up real cash. If you open the time shards in the dumbwaiter like thing in your room you get coins, upgrade materials, as well as various decorations and articles of clothing
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
I saw the title of this thread and thought, "Darn, it probably won't work on a GMA950 iMac."

Then I saw the crappy, Zynga-esque graphics, and realized it surely would work. I guess graphics shouldn't matter, because Dr. Who has always been about brains over brawn, but this all looks suspiciously like another damned Facebook game.

Only you don't play it in Facebook.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
I lost interest. It's just a series of mini-games vs the clock.

The previous Dr Who game was good, it's free IF you're in the Great Britain, so you must fool the server into believing you are (only for installing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/theadventuregames

Oh, there's a new episode!
Bren Everything went to hell after Empire.
ukimalefu wrote:
user wrote:
Jammies?

The excuse is that The Doctor tends to appear at the most inopportune moments, and when he met Amy Pond, she was wearing her pajamas...

Don't lie: You're wearing pajamas because you're fantasizing that you're Amy Pond.
Yeah, sure.. Doctor Who ain't for kids... Hey, I got this awesome selection of toys you might be interested in! Not action figures (pff, as if!) but toys! 100% gen-u-ine toys! And those little melamine bowl and cutlery sets you cant break.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Doctor Who: Worlds In Time, a browser-based, free MMO