Xbox Interface Upgrade

Online now: No visible users
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The Xbox interface upgrade kicks off tomorrow the 6th of December.

Be prepared for some slow downloads and service downtime.
chikie The same deviled egg
about effing time
What do they have in store?
HBO Go is what I'm looking forwards to.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
That is not to be released tomorrow. It is still in development from what the news reports say.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/05/xbox ... way-comca/
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Hopefully more like the PS3's XMB. The last update made it all flashy but also caused performance to suffer a little and bricked a bunch of old 360s which overheated due to the extra load on the GPU.

Oh well, my XBL runs up at the end of the month. I got a free 1 month card still from my 360's repair but I'll save it for when I feel like using the 360 multiplayer again. The PC releases have been strong this year with BF3 and TOR. Feel like I have no reason to boot the 360 anymore. Well cept for 360 only games...most of which single player. Yeah there is Halo stuff but I got tired of Reach. Took forever to level and they started turning it into something where you had to have the DLCs to do anything.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
TechnoBill wrote:
That is not to be released tomorrow. It is still in development from what the news reports say.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/05/xbox ... way-comca/

That blows. HBO Go is the only change I'm looking forward to.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The upgrade is delayed until later today. For now.
Now I can't sign into Live. Now I have an Xbox with a clunkier interface and no Netflix.
Uggh, the new netflix interface is pretty clunky. How the hell does netflix keep managing to screw up?
TechnoBill Freakazoid
I like the new Netflix interface.

:shrug:
dv
I mostly use a Roku to watch Netflix, so I never see the Netflix interface.
TechnoBill wrote:
I like the new Netflix interface.

:shrug:

The odd pop up of the random frame makes no sense and isn't implemented well (if it's on the end it hangs off the edge of the screen, and I don't understand the point of it). And they've made the TV show episode listings unnecessarily busy, and the auto-play is annoying.

I dunno, doesn't seem ready for prime time to me.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I like that it is more like Sony's XMB, but some of the tasks that took me maybe one button push, now take multiple. Its like they tried to hide some of the basic functionality.
Argh the autoplay is really annoying. And if you try to back out of the episode by pressing B, it jumps all the way back to the main menu, not the episode list (which now takes extra work to get to). Dumb!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Xbox Interface Upgrade