SW:TOR Beta Weekend

Online now: Google [Bot]
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Anybody play during the weekend?

How was it?

I had an invite but didn't use it.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Best days of my life until launch! :D

Seriously tho, they fixed a lot of the performance issues from the last beta. This time I got in and played Jedi Knight which I skipped last time. It compares well with Consular. But I do like the T7 companion better than the lizard.

Made a Trooper but didn't really get into it much. Heard others say they were surprised it was better than they thought. But I went back to Smuggler again. Wanted to see the rest of the storyline till you get your ship. Sure enough, pure gold. Some very hilarious comments and jokes as it went. Also tried out the space combat sequences. Took me back to Rebel Assault. I had no problem with it. Loved it. But I do think they need more comments from crew during them.

Only other things to note, did some tanking on Jedi knight in Esseles. There is no taunt yet and consulars are aggro machines. Clearly some work still to be done. Also healing is still a pain. Smuggler heals are pretty poor. But I did find out you get two more rather quickly. One relies on another move to work which makes it pointless half the time. The other heals over time but you have to remain casting while using it. What it heals for is extremely poor. Move is useless. They also haven't fixed energy regen on healing. Just plain terrible if you have to heal multiple targets fast.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I also had an invite, downloaded the app and never launched it.

I see NC has it linked to Steam as well. He probably saw me playing the human waste out of SRTT all weekend.
I played a Sith Inquisitor all day friday and then a Smuggler all day today. Quite enjoyed all of the classes and I think I will either do a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler when the game finally drops in a few weeks.

Sad that the progress I made will be gone, but it was a good intro to the game dynamics.
You know there is still another day. Plenty of time to at least see it.

It doesn't link very well to Steam. You prolly saw me with it on when I went back and reopened the launcher to see if I could get Steam overlay in game, didn't work but it left the message I was in game. Maybe final version will be better.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I'm trying so hard not to buy this game. my girlfriend even told me I could take the computer home with me after my visit. she is not helping!
If you don't buy it, my Jawa minions will hunt you down with their evil glowing eyes!!!
well, I have to buy it for my roommate now...
I preordered so I have been playing since last Thursday. Picked my copy up today. Looking forward to it! If you decide to play come to hyperspace cannon server and join the guild I am in. We are all older guys so you won't have to deal with screaming idiots.
well, looks like I jawa's don't have to get me.
mmaverick wrote:
well, looks like I jawa's don't have to get me.

Awww...but I just finished polishing their eyes!

Enjoy it!

I'm over on Begeren Colony. Little startup guild I formed with a friend. So far, lot of good mature players.
I'll be playing alone for a while until I figure out how to play mmo games again ;)
What's the game like? Is it a Star Wars Skyrim type deal? Or more of a Halo join-a-game-and-start-shooting situation? Or what? The trailers have made it look incredible, but I'm unclear of what it's like.
It is an MMO. There is more emphasis on the RPG part in TOR.The traditional MMO parts are there but more in the background. Like say, crafting for one. Instead of being confronted with gathering mats from all over and having to sit around crafting the items, TOR lets you use your companions as virtual slaves. You assign them tasks, either gathering or crafting, and you go do whatever you want.
Hm, interesting. Thanks.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

SW:TOR Beta Weekend