WoW Expansion - Panda Bears??

Online now: Donkey Butter
TechnoBill Freakazoid
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
No, not really
Yeah. It's real. And it was an April Fools joke a few years ago. Which is how I know WoW has jumped the shark.
dv
People have been clamoring for Pandaren Brewmasters since launch.
macnuke Afar
now if we could only skin em.

they really missed out on Nagas.. always wanted nagahyde gear. :(
dv
macnuke wrote:
now if we could only skin em.

they really missed out on Nagas.. always wanted nagahyde gear. :(

IRL:
http://www.naugahyde.com/
macnuke Afar
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
They need to appease people to keep them to stay with TOR coming out. But Pandas, no, that is likely going to make more leave for TOR.

Also did you notice the pokemon pet battles? /facepalm
dv
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
They need to appease people to keep them to stay with TOR coming out. But Pandas, no, that is likely going to make more leave for TOR.

Also did you notice the pokemon pet battles? /facepalm

Stop having fun, guys!

Face it: WoW has been a casual MMO for a while now.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Well since Vanilla WoW moved towards casual gamers more and more with each expansion. The culmination of it all was with LK and the Tournament patch. Till then it was moving very well with Ulduar. The tournament opened end game to casuals which wasn't a terrible thing, but what came after was a slap in the face.

Cata was a massive step back and in some ways, fell off the road. There was a growing number in the community who yearned for a return to Vanilla, myself included. We liked the difficulty, we liked the vast assortment of things to do, and we liked how fights actually felt more epic. Cata tried to do that but was a half assed effort. Great quests, terrible instances with restrictive controls, and rehash upon rehash of the same texture sets for gear. Zomg, I saw one piece duplicated at least a half dozen times with changes only being on the stats. Then to make matters worse, Heroics now dropped blues and not very good ones for the amount of effort you had to put in.

Pandaria is now a huge jump back towards the casual crowd. Will it sell, yeah. But I think we'll end up seeing a continuing downward trend in subs. Talking to my former guild on it in a thread on their forums, haven't seen one positive response about the announcement. Think they are gonna jump from WoW sooner or later. I know the GM is die hard Blizzard but TOR is going to do some major damage. I have hesitated promoting my TOR guild to them so they wouldn't lose more members, but post TOR launch, I'm expecting to see a lot of threads with a final thread of that guild going on hiatus or switching to TOR. Blizz destroyed their cash cow, plain and simple. They'll pad numbers for years to make it seem WoW is as strong as ever but they don't have a game able to stand up to the competition anymore.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

WoW Expansion - Panda Bears??