Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
Online now: No visible users
Post Reply
Well, the bugs seem to have faded now. Except I've come up with a hum-dinger: the Gavros Plinius bug, preventing progress in that part of the game. Dammit.
If you are playing on a PS3 you might encounter the "disco dungeon".
Well, despite the bugs I am so goddamned hooked on this game. It's just so ... so ... so big!
TechnoBill Freakazoid
User avatar
That's what he said.
Playing through as a mage is quite nice with the Alteration spell Ebonyflesh cast and the level 3 Mage Armour perk giving me a 300 point armour rating (abd thats not even dual casted) which is like 2 times what the best heavy armor set will give you. The only thing that suck is I have to keep opening up the stupid menu and to look through the active effects/powers since I'd have no way knowing when it wears off since they took out those little spell/potion effect hud icons out of the game that Oblivion had.
Oh and I'm waiting for someone to Mod back into the game the spell creation aspect, I'd love to maintain a ward and circle spell from one hand while the other dishes out lighting storm.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Im a fan o my 15x dagger damage.
mmaverick wrote:
Im a fan o my 15x dagger damage.

Wait doesn't Assassin's Blade combine with Backstab for a 21x sneak bonus or no? If so I think I know what build my 2nd character is going to be, I was already going to pick Argonian as my race they look so bad ass in this game compared in the previous series.

Hold on I think for the ultimate stealth damage build I should be an orc and use their berserk skill (doubles all melee damage) and have the Shrouded gloves from the Dark Brotherhood equipped those with the skills listed above should give x23 using the orc ability makes it x46 so with the weakest iron dagger dealing only 6 damage on sneak attack I could acheive over 276 damage, now upgrade that to a glass or ebony dagger and you could reach near 700 damage. Get some invisibility potions and one hit kill most dragons, lol.
How the hell are you people getting so goddamned powerful? And where are you finding these weapons? And where does it show the multiplier?

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on this game, you guys make me feel like a n00b!
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
How the hell are you people getting so goddamned powerful? And where are you finding these weapons? And where does it show the multiplier?

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on this game, you guys make me feel like a n00b!

The 15x damage from daggers in the sneak tree perk Assassin's Blades, than all sneak attacks with one-handed weapons do six times damage from the sneak perk Backstab, the dark brotherhoods shrouded gloves will double your backstab damage, and the orc perk will double all melee damage. All these effect would be cumulative and stack as long as you were hidden when you attacked with a dagger as your weapon.

I'm playing atm as an high elf mage who currently has 700 magika (well it's like 500 something w/o my robes, hood and amulet) and he can hold his own paralyzing foes with mass paralyze than spraying a wall of electric on the ground where they lay and watch them sizzle and fry into a pile of ash, but in CQC if i'm out of magic he gets owned if there is no wheres to back peddle to. So I think I'm going to start my secondary character using the sealth orc build tonight, it sounds so badass question is where to dump levels ups for that health and/or stamina, as with my mage I dumped every level up on magika and I'm not sure how much stamina drain swinging a dagger will be.
Whoah. You are mos def' a dude in the know.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Whoah. You are mos def' a dude in the know.

Nah, hardly. Although it helps to have the strategy guide with all the Tree perk stats next to you. I hate going into Dwarven ruins as this character, died like a bajillion times going head to head as it is near impossible to sneak up on anything in them since those damn mechanical things roll out of the pipes on you. I guess if you were more patient you could sit there over and over again waiting in a dark corner until you were hidden again to attack.

I've had my fun with it harvesting toes from Giants whom I'd slice down in one hit but time to go back to my mage where I can just charge in and lay waste to anything that dare to cross my path. I'll probably be eating those words as I progress down the main story though (only got named a Thane so far) as their are supposedly some badass bosses to face.
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
User avatar
http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143 ... nto-skyrim

This could be interesting - apparently someone included a tremendous amount of the landmass for the rest of the continent. From the shots, the Imperial city is there (without meshes), as well as Morrowind and Solstheim.

This is going to make a unified "all of Tamriel" mod a lot easier, and I am incredibly excited about it. I just wish I had time to join a modding team!
Thats wicked awesome, but it is highly unlikely for a mod to involve it since you'd have to build the towns/dungeons/caves etc., script the AI (both NPC, wild animals and harvestable items), write map updates and of course add quests. Unless a ton of people join on to the project I don't see it going anywhere soon unless that's where future Bethseda game expansions plan to take us?
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
User avatar
Aaron_R wrote:
Thats wicked awesome, but it is highly unlikely for a mod to involve it since you'd have to build the towns/dungeons/caves etc., script the AI (both NPC, wild animals and harvestable items), write map updates and of course add quests. Unless a ton of people join on to the project I don't see it going anywhere soon unless that's where future Bethseda game expansions plan to take us?


Tamriel Rebuilt. Except they had to do the landmass too.
Aaron_R wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Whoah. You are mos def' a dude in the know.

Nah, hardly. Although it helps to have the strategy guide with all the Tree perk stats next to you. I hate going into Dwarven ruins as this character, died like a bajillion times going head to head as it is near impossible to sneak up on anything in them since those damn mechanical things roll out of the pipes on you. I guess if you were more patient you could sit there over and over again waiting in a dark corner until you were hidden again to attack.

I've had my fun with it harvesting toes from Giants whom I'd slice down in one hit but time to go back to my mage where I can just charge in and lay waste to anything that dare to cross my path. I'll probably be eating those words as I progress down the main story though (only got named a Thane so far) as their are supposedly some badass bosses to face.


Ah, sounds interesting. I've been avoiding the main storyline too, and while I'm not very powerful, my sneak is absurdly high, and so is my archery. So I sneak through dungeons and plough arrows into tough opponents from a few feet away without them seeing me.

Those dwarven ruins are pretty tough, for sure. What's the trick to getting the robot guys?

I'm quickly developing an obsession with those lost cities, though I'm really disappointed that they don't look like they were suddenly abandoned. It would be neat if there were more "lived in" signs.

And another thing, the companions are wimps. I've killed two already.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
But, I'm a companion :(
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
What the hell am I doing here,I'm going back to skyrim.
mmaverick wrote:
But, I'm a companion :(

I think he meant the people who can follow you around not the Companions faction (aka fighters guild)
mmaverick wrote:
What the hell am I doing here,I'm going back to skyrim.


hee hee!
Top level sneak perk is awesome, just keep mashing the sneak button over and over, they can't find you at all. Don't do it just once, do it over and over, they can't find you.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
At 100 sneak they and the right equipment they can barley see you anyways. I can walk up to. Guard, press sneak, steal his sword, equip his sword, then beat him to death with it before he knows anything is amiss. :)
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Wow, I should pay more attention to my typing.
Holy human waste, I just found out you can get married in this game!
user Stupid cockwomble
User avatar
But can you get hot coffee?
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
You can contract diseases too!
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Right now i just have a pesky case of lycanthropy.
Seriously? You can become a goddamned warewolf????
It seems the god like power ups from Oblivilion have been tuned down if you choose the Vamp path.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Shnicky, there is a lot you can do ;)
But I've been doing so much! I'm just overwhelmed by this game.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
Man, welcome to elderscrolls.
Steam just updated my game and now after playing all those hours navigating the menu with the arrows keys bethseda decides to do remapping of the menu making the arrow keys not work at all.

Are they that useless that 1st they released a game with poor mapping and than they give improved mapping at the expense of taking away the old mapping options for the people who poured 30+ hrs into the game. It's so annoying everytime I loot an object or check my inventory not being able to use the arrows keys anymore and thanks to Steam being tied in the game I can't unpatch this.
I did the latest update, but the mage college quest is still borked ... a guy who's supposed to be dead is alive and useless.

It really really bugs me that I have to abandon the mage college questline.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
something similar stopped me part way through oblivion.
Well, I've had to abandon the whole mage college thang altogether. Sucks.

However, the Dark Brotherhood has proven very entertaining. Am I really on track to assassinate the emperor??? That's wild!

Meanwhile I'm taking another break from the main storyline. I had a fight with Alduin and found it mighty rough.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
shnick, all I'll say with the dark brotherhood is, there is a twist ;)
Oooooooooooooooooo
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
User avatar
ok, that was badass
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7