Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Online now: Bing (sucks), DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], j_tso, ukimalefu
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
All it takes is an arrow to the knee.
I fell down a mountain with her and she died but since I have the armour perk that reduces fall damage I lived so she was gone. I had to reload a previous save state. Also the game referenced Shadowmere as a he which is confusing since Shadowmere was a she in Oblivion, guess it's a tranny horse.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
QUIT! KILLING! MY! HORSES!

Number 3 done. On to number 4. :mad:

FFS I swear I park them in safe spots. Well #3 lasted the longest. I am getting better/smarter at keeping them alive.

Stole a horse only to have mine die.

Here's how it went. Got a quest to steal a horse. Head to Black Briar cottage or something like that to steal the horse. As I neared got off mine and walked in. Killed all the mercs that attacked me, looted the cottage and was ready to steal the horse. Before I did I went back to mine and rode it to the stable. Parked it in the stall next to the horse I was about to steal. Stole horse, dropped it off to the guy, got paid and fast traveled back to parked horse. Gone. Simply gone. Looked around for corpse. Gone. The game ate my stick fiddling horse. Reloaded, tried a couple different things. End result was always the same. Like as soon as I stole the horse, mine was a gonner too. I guess she did care if I rode another.
Stolen horses dont wait for you. After getting parked they "make their way back" to where they belong, in the same way that you can lose a follower by climbing up a mountain they cant keep up, but then, all of a sudden, there they are with you. Once the horse isnt in sight, it vanishes back towards where its from.
StaticAge wrote:
Stolen horses dont wait for you.

There's a quest to steal a horse and give it to some guy. Once you get the papers and steal the horse it becomes yours. Until you complete the quest by handing ownership papers and horse to said guy.

Well I had to leave my horse behind. When I returned it was dead.

Only thing missing in that comic is the $$$ it costs to keep replacing horses. ;)
user Stupid cockwomble
I got the PS3 version this week for myself on my birthday. I'm trying to get together enough to buy a house first thing. Not sure I'm going to bother much with the walking beasts.

Say, is there any good game-related benefit to getting married? Does the wife follow you around or does she sit at home and wait for you? Probably uncouth individuals at you when you finally show up.

I'm playing a cat person anyway, so it might seem a little weird.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
You spouse will usually start up a shop and you get income from it.

I am a Female Wood elf and married Revyn Sadri.
user Stupid cockwomble
Oh, cool... the sister of the first merchant that you encounter has been making comments at me. Guess I'd want to get the house first since I'd want her to live in my town. I'll see if she's still free later in the game. I've got some competition.
user Stupid cockwomble
Got the house at 3 AM Friday night. Yeah, I get obsessed.

Sister didn't warm up much more...I think there's a minor side quest to be fulfilled. I'm busy running around the countryside with Lydia anyway. She's a fellow warrior who understands me and does what I tell to do, anyway.....

(actually, I'm riding a horse and she's running behind with me stopping every once in awhile for her to catch up)
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I never ride a horse, they are too slow.
user Stupid cockwomble
arkayn wrote:
I never ride a horse, they are too slow.

I had a lot of books to carry so I could earn enough to buy the house. He's also helped me many times. He'll attack something and I can go up behind and finish it off while it's distracted.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
One of the things that is nice about playing on the PC is the modding community.

I have added cloaks to my characters.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12092
12092-1-1331031017.jpg

And an upgraded Proudspire Manor
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2059
Includes a full smithy in the housecarl room.
2059-3-1324510448.jpg
user wrote:
Say, is there any good game-related benefit to getting married?

Yes, I married one of the Companion girls. Besides selling to SOs and store profit sharing, they'll cook you a home made meal that has some nice perks.
user wrote:
I'll see if she's still free later in the game. I've got some competition.

No worries, take your time, there isn't any competition.

Biggest regret on waiting to get married was the profit sharing and having another vendor to sell to. Missed out on some good coin. Not that I need it tho. I don't buy a lot anyway.
The spouses are also programmed to give hella good oral.
user Stupid cockwomble
They uncouth individual at you why you are gone so damn much?

I found the love quest at Rifken, so I guess I'm on my way.
arkayn wrote:
One of the things that is nice about playing on the PC is the modding community.

I'm running 25 mods atm via the Steam Workshop.

Last edited by Aaron_R on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 am.

arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I only have 12 mod loaded currently. All via the Nexus Mod Manager.
And I've to been re-engrossed in this game. I finally started the main quest line on a new person after having already 90hrs in the game, on top of that I've installed all those mods. As I've not played Skyrim since the Workshop update took place some time back. So heres to another 40 or so hours!
user Stupid cockwomble
I had my horse mysteriously fly off a mountainside and died. I reloaded and saved him, only to have him get killed by a giant while I was busy with a dragon. I tried to whup on the guy in retaliation, but very quickly found I'd have to give that idea up.

Took the arrows off the horse (apparently he carried quite a full quiver) and later got the quest to steal Frost. I persuaded that I keep the horse, so now I've got a horse that's white (much easier to see when you are playing "find the horse" after a battle) and one that actually has a name.
user Stupid cockwomble
Really, a horse is like a much more larger and capable version of Dogmeat.
LeeBarnes Royal Wombat
user wrote:
(much easier to see when you are playing "find the horse" after a battle)

:lol: and here i thought i was the only one that did that. :p
user Stupid cockwomble
Wish I could whistle for him.

Instead, I have to load a fast travel if I've got a location discovered close enough.
user wrote:
Wish I could whistle for him.

Instead, I have to load a fast travel if I've got a location discovered close enough.

You can whistle for your horse. I can't install anymore mods I've reached the imposed limit of 50 so now I can play a fun game of what can I delete to add another. :)
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm playing on a PS3, so no mods for me as far as I know (there's some modding for 360 Borderlands, so maybe there is or will be for Skyrim Ps3).

Just got the house in Riften - now I have a bachelor pad to store all my stuff! It's got all the upgrades (the benches come with a bunch of ingredients). Wifey is living at Breezehome. I'll stop every one in a while to pick up some cash and get a little pickle-tickle.

I understand there's a bug in the game where your wife will take things that you store in the house for her merchant inventory and you have to pay full price to get them back, so I pulled everything out and stuck them in the Alchemist's shack's end table before she moved in. It's real nice to be able to sort everything once again instead of having it all jammed into one spot.

I took the butterfly-in-a-jar from the shack and put it on my bed.
Ding, level 50.

Spent a whole day exploring Blackreach.
user Stupid cockwomble
Just bought Proudspire. NICE place. Think I'll move the missus there. I won't bump into her so much and maybe she'll start some new dialog instead of blabbing on about that damn claw.
user Stupid cockwomble
Saw the Headless Horseman and followed him.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
Ding, level 50.

Spent a whole day exploring Blackreach.

I don't like Blackreach, I have to remember to turn off auto saves when I enter and leave or the game will freeze up from that annoying bug that still wasn't fixed when using one of the great lifts. Also the game counts that area as being outside, so I'm penalized as a vampire.
Haven't come across that bug.
sturner Ancient Soldier
user Stupid cockwomble
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I've reunited a dog with his disgruntled master and presently I'm chasing a serial killer.

Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Dammit! I got so excited when I picked up a stray dog as a companion. I thought, "Dogmeat is back!"

I've found that dog looking for his master and though the same thing when I realized that I could keep him as a follower. He's real badass and can't be killed, but the damn mutt keeps barking and bumping into me.

I think he wants me to finish the quest. Wonder what'll happen if I just tell him to get lost?
Oh they can be killed if you do damage to the dog. I've accidentally shouted one over a cliff, put an arrow in the knee and backstabbed my dogs. Only because they have a nasty habit of running head long into battle just as I'm initiating my first attack.

Telling him to get lost might cause a bug. In Jr's game he told his to go away and now when he tries to buy a dog the game says 'You already have a companion'. You can buy a named war dog at the Markarth Stables for 300 gold.

Anyone else have a little bit of ick factor when looting cabbages and apple from barrels that have been sealed up in tombs for hundreds of years?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I prefer going solo, makes it easier to sneak attack with that long distance arrow.
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
Oh they can be killed if you do damage to the dog. I've accidentally shouted one over a cliff, put an arrow in the knee and backstabbed my dogs. Only because they have a nasty habit of running head long into battle just as I'm initiating my first attack.

Telling him to get lost might cause a bug. In Jr's game he told his to go away and now when he tries to buy a dog the game says 'You already have a companion'. You can buy a named war dog at the Markarth Stables for 300 gold.

Anyone else have a little bit of ick factor when looting cabbages and apple from barrels that have been sealed up in tombs for hundreds of years?

Maybe they're fresh? Providing meals for the poor sonovabitch who has to wander from tomb to tomb keeping the damn candles lit?

After all, who else is gonna do it? I don't see the damn draugrs fumbling with matches.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
keeping the damn candles lit?

:lol:
Yeah I giggle at that one too!

Oh look honey! An ancient sealed tomb to explore. They even managed to keep the lights on. How nice of them!
LLEVIATHANN wrote:

Sauerkraut.

Hey, but seriously, vegetable soup is awesome to craft in Skyrim (1 Cabbage + 1 Leek + 1 Tomato + 1 Potato). It only gives you 1 stamina per second for 720 seconds, but because you only need 1 stamina to trigger a power attack, eating a vegetable soup before battle basically means endless power attacks.

Elsweyre Fondue is the other one to craft (1 Ale + 1 Moon Sugar + 1 Eider Cheese Wheel), because it boosts your mana a whole 10 levels worth.
It rather puzzled me that my wife loved to cook in Skyrim ... but doesn't cook in real life.
juice Inadvertently correct
At first, I thought you wrote she loved to rooster.
Yeesh. With you it's always about the rooster.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7