Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
Online now: No visible users
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Skyrim Official Website

Anybody going to be playing it?

I'm definitely going to be buying it. It looks badass.

Skyrim Pre-order on Amazon

I so much want the Collector's Edition for the statue but there is no way in hell that I can afford $150 right now for it.

I'm not liking the $60 price as it is.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I've played and loved every other elderscrolls. Well, after the bugs are out anyways. It is not a good v1.0 series.
It was what my son wanted more than anything for his birthday. So the preorder is paid for. Originally, I preordered the CE, because the statue looked cool... but then I realized it is just another dust collector in an already messy room, so he’s getting the standard edition.
mmaverick wrote:
I've played and loved every other elderscrolls. Well, after the bugs are out anyways. It is not a good v1.0 series.

This.

I want to play the game so very badly but I can wait until spring when the GOTY edt. comes out or at the very least the price is cut by 20 bucks.
I expect I'll get it. I love their sandbox approach to gaming, though I've never really been one for the sword and sorcery bag.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I'll get to it at some point. I have other gaming priorities this fall, and Skyrim will be a huge time suck.
Other gaming priorities? Do tell.
Ah so many! I started Arkham City, then it's Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed, I'd like to spend some time with NBA 2k12 considering how the lockout is going. My PS3 is going to be busy.
Dammit, I've gotta get one too.
Sell your baby!
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
Sell your baby!

Geesie wrote:
Or your other baby!

You can just make another baby, you can't make an ipad!
Game is solid amazing.
It really is amazing! I've only just started ... kind of feels like the first few pages of War and Peace -- just immense.
Holy human waste, I just played like three hours of the game without even realizing it.
user Stupid cockwomble
I didn't realize it, either!
user Stupid cockwomble
OK, I've hearing about this game and just checked out the "making of" trailer on their website - I'm sold!

Odd seeing the gorgeous other world game footage, then cutting back to the guys actually making the game working in cubicle farms.

However, I've got both Morrowind and Oblivion that I've hardly even touched. I've got a feeling that if I don't play those first, I'll never play them, seeing as the graphics for Skyrim are so much better. Could be a while....
TechnoBill Freakazoid
If you play the older games first, by the time you get to Skyrim you will be able to get the GOTY edition with all the DLC for cheap.
user wrote:
OK, I've hearing about this game and just checked out the "making of" trailer on their website - I'm sold!

Odd seeing the gorgeous other world game footage, then cutting back to the guys actually making the game working in cubicle farms.

However, I've got both Morrowind and Oblivion that I've hardly even touched. I've got a feeling that if I don't play those first, I'll never play them, seeing as the graphics for Skyrim are so much better. Could be a while....

For what it's worth, this is my first Elder Scrolls game and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's really not necessary to play the earlier ones.
user Stupid cockwomble
I just don't want to ruin the ones that I've got. Morrowind is already coming off a bit out-dated. No big deal, I can wait until the price drops on the used copies. I'm already following the price on Deus Ex, which is probably going to be my next purchase.
Holy human waste. I just got attacked by a dragon, in a snowy mountain pass, with nowhere to hide.

Died three times then thought I might want to take a break.
Well, I know I said I'd wait for the bugs to be fixed, but I'm getting it today. I guess it'll be my fault when I fall through the world but damnit I wanna kill things.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Then get RO2. You ge to kill plenty of things.
Dragons? Didn't think so.
Seems pretty bug-free so far. Definitely way, way better than Fallout: Vegas.
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
It really is amazing! I've only just started ... kind of feels like the first few pages of War and Peace -- just immense.

So what baby did you sell?
I like how the developers left in quirky bugs like baskets on heads and chickens.
So what side did some of you take the Imperial Army or the Stormcloakers?

I'm with the Stormcloakers since my character is a Bosmer and wants revenge for his ancestry.
I keep getting jumped by dragons when I'm alone in the wilderness, and they're impossible to kill. Me no likey!
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I keep getting jumped by dragons when I'm alone in the wilderness, and they're impossible to kill. Me no likey!

There is another option - usually referred to as the better part of valor... ;)
radarman wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

There is another option - usually referred to as the better part of valor... ;)

That's what I've been doing, believe me! I'd love to be able to take them out but I just can't. As soon as I start getting close, they just fly away and return with full health. It's not fair, I tells ya!
Hey, what the hell? Something got stick fiddled up, the damn game won't load anymore.
Dammit, the game was going so well, but now it's getting really buggy. Freezing aplenty, especially when saving the game or going through doors (endless load screen).
That's weird, I've never heard of a buggy Bethesda game!
Google it, I don't play that game, and I've read about its bugs.
Or you could read the stick fiddling thread. Tip, look for the second post ;)
Shnicky, a lot of people had that problem with new Vegas and it seemed to sproute from having a lot of save files, maybe a similar bug?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7