Which upcoming release(s) might you looking forward to?

Online now: Google [Bot]
For me, top of the list is the new Batman game.

Also I guess Elder Scrolls, although I don't usually go in for the whole swords-and-sorcery thang (the fact that I'm going to have to wait years till the next Fallout has me looking for alternatives).

Also I guess the next Assassin's Creed.

How's about y'all?
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Borderlands 2
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I'm going to be spending a lot of money on video games this fall.

Arkham City, the new Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, NBA 2k12 (out last week), and Mass Effect 3 (early 2012 now I think).

Anyone on PSN? I need more video game buddies.
user Stupid cockwomble
mmaverick wrote:
Borderlands 2

Really??

I had assumed they'd stopped at the DLCs. Cool. I could use a little more of that engine.
Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and SW: TOR.
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
Modern Warfare 3 looks alright, but maybe by the time it comes out Black Ops will be a less ridiculous price, and I'll get that.

Other than that, Skyward Sword's the only preorder I've got going now.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
The next Angry Birds update.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Saints Row 3.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
belloq451 wrote:
but maybe by the time it comes out Black Ops will be a less ridiculous price, and I'll get that.

You'd think so wouldn't you. Remember this is Activision and CoD. It takes at least 2-3 years before a title comes down in price. When MW3 comes out, MW2 will finally probably hit $20. BO likely drop some but not much. This is where EA has been smart to keep discounting BC2 so it continues to build a userbase in prep for BF3. But I do think that those from MW that are buying BF3 will also be buying MW3.
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm sort of wanting BC3, but the whole series just dropped the comedy that made BC1 so fun. Now it's just another wargame.
Battlefield 3, not Battlefield: Bad Company 3.

And I totally agree about the loss of the humor element being a bad bad thing.
Yeah, when it went from gold hunting to save the world...it lost all the humor.
I also want to get into TOR springish of next year, though that'll depend on what's going on with me at the time. By spring a nice mountain bike might sound nicer than buying an iMac.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Skyward Sword, Mariokart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and Professor Layton and the Last Specter will all be on my holiday wish list.
Skyrim and the next console Zelda.
I change my previous posts completely. I am now looking forward to one game and one game only.

kingdoms of amulur: reckoning

To me this looks like the game fable could have and should have been.
404'd.

Is the new Assassin's Creed supposed to be a normal one or is it going to be like Brotherhood, with a stronger focus on multiplayer? If it is normal I will probably get that as well.

They need to space out the releases a little more, give wallets time to recover.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
belloq451 wrote:
404'd.

Is the new Assassin's Creed supposed to be a normal one or is it going to be like Brotherhood, with a stronger focus on multiplayer? If it is normal I will probably get that as well.

They need to space out the releases a little more, give wallets time to recover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%2 ... evelations
Macskeeball RES RADICAL
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one.

The Metal Gear Solid HD collection came out yesterday, picked that up. It includes MGS2 and 3, and Peace Walker, which came out for PSP.
Basically they just ported it, and it shows. Compared to the other games the controls are dumbed down a bit, presumably because the PSP only has two shoulder buttons and 1 analog stick. Still, it's halfway decent so far, but I really think they should have just ported The Twin Snakes from Gamecube, and just called it Metal Gear Solid.

The deal with Peace Walker, is that you can transfarr (yes that is the official name for it) your save file between your PS3 and PSP and continue the game on either console.

Happily, they ported the special editions of 2 and 3, including the VR missions from Substance and Metal Gear 1 and 2 from Subsistence, so that makes up for it.

All in all, worth it if you dig the MGS series.
belloq451 wrote:
The Metal Gear Solid HD collection came out yesterday, picked that up. It includes MGS2 and 3, and Peace Walker, which came out for PSP.
Basically they just ported it, and it shows. Compared to the other games the controls are dumbed down a bit, presumably because the PSP only has two shoulder buttons and 1 analog stick. Still, it's halfway decent so far, but I really think they should have just ported The Twin Snakes from Gamecube, and just called it Metal Gear Solid.

The deal with Peace Walker, is that you can transfarr (yes that is the official name for it) your save file between your PS3 and PSP and continue the game on either console.

Happily, they ported the special editions of 2 and 3, including the VR missions from Substance and Metal Gear 1 and 2 from Subsistence, so that makes up for it.

All in all, worth it if you dig the MGS series.

I agree. I didn't buy the collection because Twin Snakes was missing. Never bought MGS3 so I wouldn't mind picking it up eventually.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I will be playing Saints Row 3 after I get off work on Monday. I have already did the preload and just have to wait for the official launch.
sturner Ancient Soldier
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. It's out and they basically CoDicated the game. What was once a decent realism Fps has class based progression enhancements that make it a silly attempt to lure the battlefield and cod arcade players.

While it is better in graphics and features, some things were better left undone.

Last edited by sturner on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 pm.

Metacell Guilty the Wang
I'm awaiting losing my life to Diablo III.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Which upcoming release(s) might you looking forward to?