Battlefield 3 Beta

Online now: No visible users
TechnoBill Freakazoid
I just got an email for the open beta for Battlefield 3.

It apparently is open to all players on all platforms.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

Thought some of you might be interested.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Be advised...PC users need to install IE9 from Windows update or you'll get error messages trying to load the game. This is because the beta opens into a browser Battlelog mode first. You then choose servers and start the game from within a browser. You don't need to run it on IE. It actually loads up on Firefox on mine just fine.

In game, you can change the graphical settings but only from within a match in the beta. So you have to sit there while the action goes on and adjust things once you get in.

Visually it looked great. I could only load it up on low on this 3470 laptop and even then it was choppy. But I was surprised how it still looked decent even on low. Reminded me of console in low detail. Makes me really want to see it in high at home.
user Stupid cockwomble
I might check out the 360 version.

later: eh. requires a gold membership.
Releases midnight tomorrow! I am really looking forward to a solid SP experience, and also a rather enjoyable MP game... As long as you play with friends. I spent one night of the beta absolutely loving it because I was playing with a friends clan and we kicked all sorts of ass. Otherwise, it was just really frustrating.
I always play the SP first :D

That way I don't get into MP and find myself having to learn how to use everything. Course BC2 broke that rule. Didn't get to try everything in SP on that like you could in BC1.
Holy fiddlesticks! This game is GORGEOUS! The beta graphics, at least on the 360, we're nowhere near what the final product has. The single player environments are spectacular, filled with destructible stuff, junk, and all sorts of chaos. The enemy AI is stupid, even on hard, but that's a small sort of complaint when offset by the amazing eye candy. Multi player is equally awesome.

Modern Warfare 3 has a very very high bar to meet.
Aye, just finished SP last night. I think some of the reviewers are off. Its not 8hrs. I beat it in ~5-6hrs. But every level is just an eye candy feast. Story itself is not bad either. It at least doesn't have tons of glaring holes in it or is overly complex. There was one flaw I found involving the character introed in the flight sequence. Then some minor things that could have gone better but overall, it didn't bug me.

MW3 can beat BF3 in the SP for sure. From what I've seen in this, that is the only way they can. BF3 does have a lot of scripted events just like in the MW series. But in MP, no way MW3 can match Frostbite engine.

Yeah, the AI could be better. Its not bad but there were moments when I thought it could be tweaked some.
I am not sure I agree. MW2 was not nearly as goo, campaign wise, as the original. The previews of MW3 show me an incremental increase in graphics, nothing as amazing as I have seen with Battlefield so far. We will know in two weeks, I suppose.
Both MW1 and MW2 used rather cookie cutter stories. I could figure out what would generally happen from the start. BF3 uses a familiar structure but it keeps enough hidden to make you wonder how it will all play out. But that doesn't mean its perfect. The flight sequence and I'd say aspects about Cole's character didn't play out as well as I thought they could.
Cole was a giant douche. I was happy to play out the scene in the pool house :D

I didit on hard... Now I need to go back and play it on easy to pick up the achievements.
Yeah, but I was hoping Cole would be the one who gets dragged away asking "live or die"

Then he turns out to be a traitor. I thought they hinted at it when suddenly your pals question him calling out mall and such over the radio. But in the end, pool house happens and I was like...oh...yeah a douche but, I didn't feel like I had to do that. Course I would have anyways, Dimas is a good character. Specially since I got to use the P90 during his sequence :D.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Thanks for the damn spoiler alert.

:mad:
Only minor and even then, didn't really say what happens with him. I imply a possibility that would have been great. This is a secondary character. The main story is still not spoiled by a long shot. It'll keep you in suspense as it goes.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Battlefield 3 Beta