Another World!

Online now: No visible users
Dan Airman Dan
This (also known as Out of This World!), along with Escape Velocity, were among my favorite childhood PC games. Another World is now on the iOS App Store. :)
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
How does it play? I also liked this as a kid, but I loved Monkey Island more, and neither of those were as fun as I'd hoped on iOS.

Also, fiddlesticks Gameloft Oregon Trail.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
ANGRY OLD MAN
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I miss Escape Velocity. First two were so good and had a variety of long and diverse stories. Nova just totally killed it.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've got a copy of Out Of This World on floppies for the Apple. I tried to play it on my G3, but only the intro would run. I think it will only work on System 7. I could look into the IOS game - might be fun to play that on my iPod.
Dan Airman Dan
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
How does it play? I also liked this as a kid, but I loved Monkey Island more, and neither of those were as fun as I'd hoped on iOS.

Also, fiddlesticks Gameloft Oregon Trail.

The controls are a little aggravating, but I expect they'll improve them over time.
Dan Airman Dan
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
I miss Escape Velocity. First two were so good and had a variety of long and diverse stories. Nova just totally killed it.

You can play the first two in the Nova engine on OS X, FYI. It runs fine in Lion.

I liked Nova, but the story was a little too fast and on-rails.
Ender bug hunter
Dan wrote:

You can play the first two in the Nova engine on OS X, FYI. It runs fine in Lion.

I liked Nova, but the story was a little too fast and on-rails.

I can't believe Ambrosia still wants $30 for it though.
Dan Airman Dan
I'd say it's still worth it.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I could use my old keys for my EV games but I gotta dig them out. Keep misplacing them then having to find them later. I'll prolly do that once I get home from WA. Then I can install it on my PCs. But yeah, $30 for EV is too expensive. Even if it is epic, they should bring the price down. Maybe put it up on Steam too. Restart the franchise.
juice Inadvertently correct
If you still have the email address you used to register you can go to
https://www.ambrosiasw.com/support/lostcodes/
and the system will send you the codes again.

This thread made me dig out my copy of Nova again.
Dan Airman Dan
I could use my old keys for my EV games but I gotta dig them out. Keep misplacing them then having to find them later. I'll prolly do that once I get home from WA. Then I can install it on my PCs. But yeah, $30 for EV is too expensive. Even if it is epic, they should bring the price down. Maybe put it up on Steam too. Restart the franchise.

The franchise will not be restarted. Matt Burch washed his hands of the engine after Nova. It was originally designed to run on System 7 and he took it as far as it would go for Nova.
Dan Airman Dan
agedgruel wrote:
If you still have the email address you used to register you can go to
https://www.ambrosiasw.com/support/lostcodes/
and the system will send you the codes again.

This thread made me dig out my copy of Nova again.

You can also create an Ambrosia account on their support website now, which seems to be a bit more intelligent at finding your purchase history than the lostcodes email system.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Dan wrote:

The franchise will not be restarted. Matt Burch washed his hands of the engine after Nova. It was originally designed to run on System 7 and he took it as far as it would go for Nova.

Which is sad. The EV series might actually be better than UT99.
Dan Airman Dan
No. UT99 is, as far as I'm concerned, the best game ever made, and nothing has come even close since. I really, really miss it.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Flex may be interested in playing some UT with you. Wish I had more access to a full computer. I'd definitely be down for some.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Another World!