Fallout 3/New Vegas

Online now: No visible users
Orion Mad Cow
So, I was replaying Fallout 3 the last week or two, and I am getting seriously bored with it. I remembered that New Vegas was out since last year, and thought about buying it, but then I reread the thread here about it and discovered that most folks hated it because of the bugs and other plot issues. Has it improved since then? Or, would I just be better off getting the PC version of FO3 and applying some of the Mods to make it more interesting? I am getting sick of grey on grey on grey that the FO3 universe is. Makes it a bit hard to find some things, and is just a bit unrealistic. Not to mention that it makes my eyes so damned sore that they feel like sandpaper after a half hour of playing.

Just looking for some opinions on the game, and if the PC version might be better than the Xbox one.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
PC version did not have as many bugs that I saw, of course I have not played it for a while now.

They have released several DLC's for it though.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
Well you'll trade grey on grey on grey with brown on brown on brown (city scape vs desert scape). Vegas has some color tho. ;)

Jr & I have been playing it on and off over the year. Glitches I've seen, I've seen in all sorts of games. Mostly weird physics mishaps. The game hasn't crashed my 360 yet. FO3:NV doesn't bring very many new things to the table. Mostly more of the same. For me some of the new things I liked at first but now are a chore. Crafting and cooking started out cool but now with so much inventory and having to lug all that crap to a bench or fire is a PITA. Can I use the hot plate or stove near by to cook? NO! I gotta walk a mile to the nearest camp fire. WTF!
Ender bug hunter
I did not like NV. I played it on my Xbox and it was the buggiest piece of crud I've ever seen...even comparing it to FO3 (PC) which was very buggy too. With NV, I had a bug that let me play every ending to the game...at the same time; bugs that deleted my save files; that froze my Xbox; major clipping; 5 minute lockups when I activated my VATs; the list was pretty endless. Needless to say, I thought many of the story elements were pretty fun, but the whole thing coud have been DLC as far as I'm concerned-- it would have been pretty easy to incorporate the story into FO3, even with the new character arcs.
user Stupid cockwomble
arkayn wrote:
They have released several DLC's for it though.

If you haven't tried those for F3, they are pretty good. Anchorage is short, but best played early on in a regular F3 game to quickly amp yourself up: you get power armor capability right away with no extra effort and really good suits and weapons that you don't get in the regular game.

The Pitt and the one with the steamboat have large enough maps to feel like a real expansion. The one on the spaceship is a hoot.

I got them all with a GOY edition and it included Broken Steel, which adds directly to the org game plot, plus it raises the XP limit.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
This is why I wait 5 years to buy any new games.

Plus, by then, they run GREAT on my mac!

Oh, and only $10 in the bargain shelf at Fry's!
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Fallout NV crashed my 360 within 15 minutes of starting it up. This was a week ago. I haven't played since.
Orion Mad Cow
I ended up picking up FO:3 and FO:NV for the PC (steam). I am playing FO:3 right now, and it is vastly superior to the Xbox version. The graphics are much better, the AI smoother, the controls easier, etc. Hell, the damned plants blow in the wind now. They were quasi 3d sticks in the Xbox version. Plus, since I have played the game through a bunch of times (including the DLC's) I am using the console to get cool human waste to blow stuff up with. Unlimited ammo+MIRV= :D :D

Haven't tried FO:NV yet.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Fallout 3/New Vegas