iPhone 5 To Kill The 3DS According To SlashGear

Online now: No visible users
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The columnist has some compelling numbers to show why the 3DS is not doing so well.

The iPhone is taking the portable gaming market by storm and it shows no level of slowing down either. This new A5 chip that is supposed to be in the iPhone 5 will put it on par with the iPad and the iPad is no slouch when it comes to tossing pixels around on the screen.

Nintendo better do an about face really soon or they will be relegated to just a game developer in the portable market versus a hardware manufacturer and game developer.

Nintendo's CEO has repeatedly said that they aren't going to produce anything game wise for iOS either.

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-will- ... -17180647/

Quote:
The 3DS is failing right now, more than any other reason, because of smartphones and tablets offering compelling gaming experiences. And when the iPhone 5 launches in the next several weeks, you can expect it to officially kill off the 3DS.

Now, I say “kill off” to drive the point home, but I don’t believe that Nintendo will actually discontinue the portable for at least another year. For some odd reason, Nintendo believes that it can turn things around with the 3DS. And it strangely feels that consumers who have yet to show that they care about the device will suddenly have a change of heart.

Here’s a news flash for you, Nintendo: consumers do not and will not care about the 3DS. And the iPhone 5, which will likely come with improved components to help deliver even better gameplay to owners, will make that abundantly clear.

But it’s not just Apple. Game developers are also flocking to portable devices, and will have a close eye on the iPhone 5 when that device launches. Companies like Electronic Arts and other prominent developers are increasingly turning to mobile operating systems, like iOS and Android, to offer their titles. And as hard as it might try, Nintendo won’t be able to stop that.

So, when the iPhone 5 launches, I see even more troubled waters ahead for Nintendo. The device will receive an inordinate amount of attention, consumers around the globe will flock to stores to buy it, and in the process, they’ll download games. And when they start playing those games in-between surfing the Web and checking e-mail, they’ll quickly find that buying that 3DS just doesn’t make all that much sense.

Sorry, Nintendo, but if smartphones and tablets already on store shelves are killing the 3DS, the iPhone 5 might just be enough to put the final nail in the device’s coffin.

apple_eats_3ds-580x414.jpg apple_eats_3ds-580x414.jpg
44.2 KiB - Viewed 335 time(s)

Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
You love to hate Netflix and Nintendo more than anyone else I know. :p
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Haha ... I love Nintendo actually. I just don't get the 3DS. It is such a let down to me. Outside of the gimmicky 3D feature they didn't improve anything else it seems.

They need to really come out with some compelling hardware changes. A new high resolution screen would be a nice upgrade. I love my DSi but when I compare it to my daughter's iPod touch 4G it is such a pixelated mess I grimace.

Oh, and I returned to Netflix streaming believe it or not. I'm streaming Scrubs the full series as my next viewing project.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Why did you delete your post Nightcougar?

I was responding to it when you up and deleted it.
user Stupid cockwomble
Most people always have their phones with them, so a separate portable gaming device is just something else to carry and keep up with. Eventually, all of them will be in trouble.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Eventually? There are really only two in the game, and sony's been in trouble a long while.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Went to edit and hit delete by accident. Then just didn't feel like undoing. Changed my mind.
user Stupid cockwomble
thx for 'plaining?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

iPhone 5 To Kill The 3DS According To SlashGear