Novel reality-based shooter released.

Online now: Google [Bot]
iDaemon infinitely loopy
Quote:
(CNN) -- More and more, today's video game business is driven by huge military shooters like Activision's "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" and Electronic Arts' "Battlefield 3."
Now, Erik Prince, the founder of a controversial, real-world military group, is stepping into the virtual war zone with a new first-person shooter, "Blackwater."
Designed exclusively for Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360, "Blackwater" was developed by Zombie Studios and overseen by Prince, a former Navy SEAL.

I don't game, but I'd boycott this product.
Will players of "Blackwater" be able to skim off hundreds of millions of dollars from their government contracts? If not, then it won't be very realistic.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, that's an unfortunate name to use. Guess they are aiming for a tight market.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
user wrote:
Yeah, that's an unfortunate name to use. Guess they are aiming for a tight market.

Erik Prince was the creator and sole owner of Blackwater before he sold it and the new owners (or maybe it was Prince?) changed the name to Xe Services (although some subdivisions still carry the Blackwater name).

It takes some chutzpah to name anything Blackwater--even more so a FPS--but I'm pretty sure that Prince is still proud of Blackwater.
dv
user wrote:

"Them towelheads deserved it. Let's play XBox and drink away the sorrow of our pathetic lives?"
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Novel reality-based shooter released.