Jeep Wrangler - Call of Duty MW3 Edition

Online now: Google [Bot]
TechnoBill Freakazoid
http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-releas ... -2012.html

Looks pretty good. I can only imagine the cost though.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, they had one for Black Ops.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I'd like to ask Jeep execs..."how bout taking the money lost on getting the rights to that name and make a good vehicle again instead of being in the bottom of the barrel in reviews."

Embarrassing seeing Jeeps listed below 20 in CSR.
Orion Mad Cow
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
I'd like to ask Jeep execs..."how bout taking the money lost on getting the rights to that name and make a good vehicle again instead of being in the bottom of the barrel in reviews."

Embarrassing seeing Jeeps listed below 20 in CSR.

If you are referring to Consumer Reports, they can go fiddlesticks themselves. Their reviews are completely useless and biased. Ever notice how products they give a high rating are also products that advertise heavily in their magazine? They drool over anything asian that comes in, yet domestics get crap reviews for no reason. Their review of the Wrangler was posted over on the Jeep forums I am a member on, and the users there laughed their asses off at the review. Things like "rough road ride" and "noisy with soft top" and "not fuel efficient" scream of uninformed and ignorant reviewers. The Wrangler is a vehicle designed primarily for off-road ability. They have a solid front and rear axle (no IFS or IRS). That naturally gives them a rougher ride on-road, but makes them excel over the other brands without them off-road. The soft top will be noisy just because of the nature of the top. Its not designed to be a luxury vehicle. It is a utility vehicle that happens to drive on the road as well. They also compared ten or so SUV's in one review for their off-road abilities. They mentioned in the review that the Wrangler Rubicon edition was the top overall in each test, yet they gave the top honors to another brand for some reason.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Yeah I kinda thought their review was a bit so-so. Surprised me it go so low when it really wasn't anything different than in the past. But its not just from them. When I was car shopping I was catching a lot of people warning about Chrysler's quality right now. CSR did have a point that Jeep really hasn't changed things in years. Course the last time they did, their fans were mad with the Cherokee to Liberty. I do agree that Jeep needs some sort of a fuel efficient model. They have a bunch of large size and mid size SUVs that aren't really needed. Its like, one doesn't work so they tweak it and release it again under a different name. Really that was a factor for me this time. CSR is right on that. Jeep needs a model that doesn't guzzle. They can still make the normal Jeeps but they need something to be competitive on that front. Jeep version of a Subaru would be fine. I love my Subi, gets great mileage with plenty of power for me. Heck, you go up to WA its 90% Subis. They are good wet weather vehicles.

I've liked Jeeps a lot over the years. But I have noticed them cutting costs on them. Which is what others were warning me about. Same thing has been happening with Ford. Zomg I would never buy a Ford no matter how well they are doing right now. Every Ford I sat in felt like it would break if left out in the rain. So cheap feeling. Reminded me of the biodegradable interior of our Volvo 240, cept more flimsy to start with.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
What was the last ford you were in? Their interiors are better put together than subaru's (and I like Subaru)
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
(sorry for the thread derailment)
Will a wrx handle deep snow?
Orion Mad Cow
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
Yeah I kinda thought their review was a bit so-so. Surprised me it go so low when it really wasn't anything different than in the past. But its not just from them. When I was car shopping I was catching a lot of people warning about Chrysler's quality right now. CSR did have a point that Jeep really hasn't changed things in years. Course the last time they did, their fans were mad with the Cherokee to Liberty. I do agree that Jeep needs some sort of a fuel efficient model. They have a bunch of large size and mid size SUVs that aren't really needed. Its like, one doesn't work so they tweak it and release it again under a different name. Really that was a factor for me this time. CSR is right on that. Jeep needs a model that doesn't guzzle. They can still make the normal Jeeps but they need something to be competitive on that front. Jeep version of a Subaru would be fine. I love my Subi, gets great mileage with plenty of power for me. Heck, you go up to WA its 90% Subis. They are good wet weather vehicles.

I've liked Jeeps a lot over the years. But I have noticed them cutting costs on them. Which is what others were warning me about. Same thing has been happening with Ford. Zomg I would never buy a Ford no matter how well they are doing right now. Every Ford I sat in felt like it would break if left out in the rain. So cheap feeling. Reminded me of the biodegradable interior of our Volvo 240, cept more flimsy to start with.

Trouble is, Jeep=SUV and SUV=gas guzzler. Would you really buy a Jeep car? Mention Jeep to anyone and they immediately think Wrangler. The Wranglers can be pretty fuel efficient if they are outfitted correctly. Some of the guys with the 4 cyl Wranglers with the 5 speed (not sure if they still make them) were getting 20-22mpg average. Those were the most basic models, however. The new Pentastar engine is supposed to be around 300hp with pretty decent mileage.

The only problem with getting really good mileage out of a Wrangler is summed up by a member over on Jeepforum. "A Wrangler is a 4000lb chunk of steel, with the aerodynamics of a brick, powered by a 50 year old engine." The I-6 engine in most of the Wranglers (and the C series Jeeps before that) was basically unchanged since the days of the AMC Rambler. It was a cast iron block, cast iron head, heavy as hell, low compression engine that had insane amounts of low end torque. It worked well in the Wrangler because it produced so much torque just above idle, which is perfect for negotiating rocky trails. You want torque, but you need it at low RPM's due to the slow speeds you are traveling at. It was axed in the 2007 redesign because it no longer passed the new frontal impact safety standards. The minivan engine they replaced it with was horribly under powered and got crap fuel mileage in the Wranglers. The Pentastar should remedy that.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Jeep Wrangler - Call of Duty MW3 Edition