Next game from Bungie...

Online now: No visible users
...is a steampunk pirate-themed real-time strategy and action game for the iPad.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3675 ... rogram.php

Quote:
Bungie Unveils First Title In 'Aerospace' Program
by Frank Cifaldi

August 23, 2011

The first game to debut out of the Bungie Aerospace program will be Crimson: Steam Pirates, a steampunk pirate-themed real-time strategy and action game for the iPad.

Crimson is being developed by the small team at Harebrained Schemes under the creative direction of Jordan Weisman, the former FASA Corporation founder and the creator of franchises that include BattleTech, Shadowrun and Crimson Skies.

According to the game's official site, Crimson will feature multiplayer modes and be integrated with Bungie.net for stats, leaderboards, and Facebook synchronization.

"I felt that the game I was developing could be warmly received from Bungie's audience," Weisman recently told us. "There are 350,000 apps in the App Store, sometimes it's pretty hard to get noticed. It's a combination of helping make a better game and have an audience to present it to as a launching point."

As with Weisman's previous franchises, Crimson: Steam Pirates is part of a larger Crimson universe, with a deep amount of lore already written for players to absorb.

The Bungie Aerospace program sees the studio that created Microsoft's Halo franchise providing resources, assistance and exposure to independent mobile and social game developers.

Bungie itself is still primarily focused on developing its new universe with Activision.

This is the second iOS application associated with Bungie, the first being a community-focused application for players of its console games.

Crimson: Steam Pirates will be available on Apple's App Store for free on September 1.

World of YaaarrrrCraft?
user Stupid cockwomble
That's GOT to be a joke!

Pimps at Sea?
user wrote:
That's GOT to be a joke!

Pimps at Sea?

Could be a joke.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
So they leave Microsoft after making blockbuster big budget games to make...iPad games...ummm, yay :rolleyes:
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
So they leave Microsoft after making blockbuster big budget games to make...iPad games...ummm, yay :rolleyes:

Yeah, how dare they make a free game for people to play?
This is not really a Bungie game. It is another studio partnering with Bungie. And free is always cool.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Free is fine...its just, cell phone/gadget games are like Gameboy games for everyone. Its the minor leagues. Was hoping to see something really grand from Bungie again. Not that there isn't a ton of money to be made from the minors.

Guess I just see it as a gaming platform for people who always saw gamers as the bottom feeders of society. We had Gameboys so we got labeled all sorts of things for having that hobby. But now iPhone/iGadgets come out and everyone is jumping in. Its like...gaming is ok because its on a phone/tablet now because those aren't game consoles.

Yeah I dunno where that rant came from, just late and thinking about the huge influx of gamers there has been over the years. Social networking sites and iApps are like the gateway drug into gaming. Then I thought...I kinda miss being the outcast of society norms. I was texting before it ever was popular...on UT IRC chat!! All those years, I remember people thought IRC was strange. "You sit online talking to people with text all day? Why not just call them?" Now...all those same people have their faces glued to their phones texting all day.
The next BIG game for bungie is rumored to be some kind of MMO in space.
Looks like it might be fun! Only a few dys till we find out. I wonder if "free" means a few levels then buy the rest or "fermium" where you buy extras but the core game is entirely free.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Next game from Bungie...