1996 - Super Mario 64
    2000 - Paper Mario Series
    2002 - Super Mario Sunshine
    2006 - New Super Mario Bros
    2007 - Super Mario Galaxy
    2009 - Super Mario Bros Wii
    2010 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
    2011 - Super Mario 3D Land

Those are the major titles in the Mario series along with the year they were released in North America.

Until I compiled the list I had no idea that there had been so many Mario games.

This doesn't even begin to include all the games that he appears in of course. That would be way too long of a list!

Anyways, I just thought it would be neat to see them listed all out.
fail list ftl.

You are missing some major titles, like the Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Dr Mario games, and lumping together a lot of titles like the Paper Mario games.

First hit on google:

Mario games by year

My son looked at the list and chuckled at how anemic it was. he is a HUGE Mario snob though.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Sorry that it didn't meet with your approval.

I did state that all the games he appears in ARE NOT IN THE LIST.

Just major Mario and Mario Bros titles.
I am sorry your half assed list is half assed. If you are going to post things like this, cool. But dont get defensive when someone points out how half assed it is. To consider the Mario Party series "not major" shows you really cant play these games very often.

I think Mario is actually THE most prolific character in terms of games in the history of video gaming, so you are right... there are a whole lot of Mario games.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Dude you sound like you have a big stick up your ass. How ever do you walk?

It's just a post on a forum.
I have no stick up my ass. I just find that you make asinine and stupid posts and then get super pissy when people point it out. So it is sort of fun to wind you up and watch you flop around, y'know? :D
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I honestly wouldn't count the spinoffs as part of Mario either. Same with Sonic.
user Stupid cockwomble
Warin wrote:
fail list ftl.

You are missing some major titles, like the Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Dr Mario games, and lumping together a lot of titles like the Paper Mario games.

First hit on google:

Mario games by year

The best Mario series created, ever. One of the reasons I got the 3DS.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Nintendo's Mario Timeline