3DS prices slashed $80

Online now: No visible users
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Starting August 12th you can buy a Nintendo 3DS for only $169.99.

Nintendo 3DS sales are obviously lacking for such a big price drop to occur.

SlashGear Article

I know I have no interest in replacing my DSi. I just don't see the value.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Hmmm...I may think about getting one. But I'm going to want to see a slash in game prices. $40 for handheld games is too much.

I do wonder how this will affect Vita. Between both, I'd rather have a Vita atm.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
I'm kinda tempted to get one now, just so I can get 20 games.

Eh, I'll wait for the slash.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Malkin wrote:

Yeah, because that is why you and everyone else bought a 3DS. So you could play prior generation games in 2D.

Woohoo!
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I'd say considering she's been happy wih the purchase at it's original price, a woohoo is definitely in order.
20 free old games or save $80...I'll take the $80.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
That's what I'm saying.
mmaverick wrote:
I'd say considering she's been happy wih the purchase at it's original price, a woohoo is definitely in order.

Indeed.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Great games so far too.
I mean the ones provided free for Ambassadors.
I will be the owner of a black 3DS soon. Just sent off my old DS carts (minus ones that would of fetched $3 or less) and DS to Amazon trade-ins. Estimated trade credit will apply to my account a couple days prior to the release of the pre-ordered lower price 3DS on Amazon and all I'll have to do is pay $11! My old brick was worth a lot more than I thought because it was the special limited edition Red Mariokart one. To bad I can't get a red 3ds unless I import the region locked Japanese version.
Hey Malkin here's a partial list of games you will be getting for free. It is still unknown if more titles will be added to the list or if the remaining 5 titles slots in each category will be set aside for users choice.
Quote:
NES Games
- Super Mario Bros.
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Balloon Fight
- Ice Climber

GBA Games (Exclusive to the 3ds ambassadors)
- Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Metroid Fusion
- WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong

TechnoBill Freakazoid
None of those sound like they are worth an $80 price difference. Even collectively.

Old gameplay and old graphics.

Blah.
Those are only half of the games you get. And they are some really great games. I'd feel totally compensated if I had bought a 3DS (and I would be when you do some price extrapolating).

Don't be such a downer, dude.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
Those are only half of the games you get. And they are some really great games. I'd feel totally compensated if I had bought a 3DS (and I would be when you do some price extrapolating).

Don't be such a downer, dude.

I hear ya.

I just think that they should have given a couple of 3D games to those owners who paid the higher price.

It costs nothing to give away those downloadable games except bandwidth.
Good thing you made the decision not to be an early adopter then, eh? I am still happy I got mine at launch.
I got the Mario Kart on the Advance...found it rather dull. The rest, you can run for free via emulators/etc. Yeah if you had a 3DS i'm sure it would be good additions to the library but its a shame there weren't newer titles.
Aaron_R wrote:
To bad I can't get a red 3ds unless I import the region locked Japanese version.

Looks like I get my cake and get to eat it to. Just canceled my pre-ordered price reduced black 3ds and replaced the order with the Flame Red one. Image
Quote:
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hype Fueled by New Flame Red Color

As Nintendo gears up to officially drop its U.S. retail price for Nintendo 3DS this Friday, the international gaming franchise announced that it will soon release a new color for the system, "Flame Red."
Release date set for Sept. 9th, I can wait another few weeks seeing as my Giant AR card from Club.Nintendo is back ordered until the end of August anyway.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
Will the iPhone 5 Kill Nintendo - Computer World article - 8/11/2011

Quote:
Ultimately the fate of the firm will be decided by 3DS sales during the Holiday season: if the device flops -- as well it might in the face of the iPhone 5, new iPod touch, iPad and other Apple products, then Nintendo executives will be under the most immense pressure to change their approach. After all, Super Mario won't be so super once the next generation of gamers forget he exists.

I'm surprised how doom and gloom it all is when they've dealt with cell phones and other handheld games taking over the market in Japan for years. So the Us finally catches up and now its...oh noes!!
*Mini-Rant*

Amazon can go to hell. Glad I didn't renew my Prime membership when it expired last month, uncouth individuals. So I placed my pre-order for the Flame Red 3DS a month ago and it was suppose to be delivered today with release date delivery. I was constantly checking my e-mail throughout the day yesterday looking for the shipment confirmation and tracking number, it never came. Than at 2am I get a dumb all purpose standard e-mail saying blah blah blah we're sorry for any inconvenience about missing the shipment delivery date your order will be shipped out as soon as possible.

So I go to their website and check the shipment info for the red 3ds and it said "want it by saturday order within xx hrs and select 1 day shipping." The timer window for that has come and passed and still no-email. Now I've ordered plenty of stuff with their next day service when I was a Prime member to know that the shipping info is usually sent shortly after the deadline for next day delivery service expires. Well yet again no shipping e-mail, now the earliest I can expect it is on Monday.

Quote:
Pre-order sales for for Nintendo Co.’s Nintendo 3DS Flame Red SKU climbed this week at retailer Amazon.com Inc. this week pending release of the new hardware SKU.

This week, the Nintendo 3DS Flame Red SKU held a 21 percent sales increase to rank as the No. 56 best-selling product in Amazon’s Video Games division.

If they had a low unit stock than why the hell are they still offering the next day delivery offers for uncouth individuals who are ordering their human waste today. They don't give two shits about customers who have had their pre-orders placed for 30 days, uncouth individuals. To bad I Pre-paid my order with gift cards or I'd cancel it and run out to Best Buy to pick a unit up.
I would kill for amazon prime.
Got my prime via Student for free last year. Debated paying $40 for this year. Ended up doing it since I'd be traveling soon and I may need 2 day shipping to get an item fast without the wait. But honestly, all the packages come via smaller shippers or USPS when on 2 day Prime. Every once in awhile they come UPS but I think they don't make the margin as much when they have to do that. I think they could just run all the packages via free 2 day. But instead, charge the customer for a service you already could provide for free. I wouldn't buy prime for full price, no way.
I would settle with just having amazon.ca be the same as amazon.com :(
Aaron_R wrote:
*Mini-Rant*

Amazon can go to hell. Glad I didn't renew my Prime membership when it expired last month, uncouth individuals. So I placed my pre-order for the Flame Red 3DS a month ago and it was suppose to be delivered today with release date delivery. I was constantly checking my e-mail throughout the day yesterday looking for the shipment confirmation and tracking number, it never came. Than at 2am I get a dumb all purpose standard e-mail saying blah blah blah we're sorry for any inconvenience about missing the shipment delivery date your order will be shipped out as soon as possible.

So I go to their website and check the shipment info for the red 3ds and it said "want it by saturday order within xx hrs and select 1 day shipping." The timer window for that has come and passed and still no-email. Now I've ordered plenty of stuff with their next day service when I was a Prime member to know that the shipping info is usually sent shortly after the deadline for next day delivery service expires. Well yet again no shipping e-mail, now the earliest I can expect it is on Monday.

Quote:
Pre-order sales for for Nintendo Co.’s Nintendo 3DS Flame Red SKU climbed this week at retailer Amazon.com Inc. this week pending release of the new hardware SKU.

This week, the Nintendo 3DS Flame Red SKU held a 21 percent sales increase to rank as the No. 56 best-selling product in Amazon’s Video Games division.

If they had a low unit stock than why the hell are they still offering the next day delivery offers for uncouth individuals who are ordering their human waste today. They don't give two shits about customers who have had their pre-orders placed for 30 days, uncouth individuals. To bad I Pre-paid my order with gift cards or I'd cancel it and run out to Best Buy to pick a unit up.

So after calling Amazon customer care and ranting to them yesterday afternoon they miraculously e-mailed me a Fed-Ex Express delivery confirmation number within 15 minutes of hanging the phone up. And I now hold in my hand my red 3ds! friend code is 1504-5921-5604
I'd have tried to get a free gift card out of them. If it was promised delivery that fast then they should have appeased you with an apology gift card :D.
Honestly, I'm quite surprised at the outcome considering my call was outsourced to India.
Oh response is quick, but sometimes the response is not what you were asking. I've had two support requests get totally wrong replies back. One I wanted them to update the rebate form for a Gigabyte GTX 460. The new form wasn't up which they were advertising, it was still the old. They replied as if I was having technical problems with the board and how to contact the seller. Really, read english much? Then the most recent was about whether they were supposed to bundle a Dirt 3 code with an APU like AMD advertised. They again, gave me a tech support email to AMD and acted like I was having technical problems with the APU.

Flat out moronic.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

3DS prices slashed $80