The Old Republic Pre-Orders are out!

Online now: Google [Bot]
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
As it says. Just announced, they are taking pre-orders and listing a Dec 31st release date. EA's origin is already sold out of the CE version. I just got mine in at Amazon for now cause I know they won't charge me till it ships. There will be an early access given to all preorders. I placed my order and got the code for early access within 5 mins. So literally I could cancel preorder and still get in TOR to try it out.
Conner Of Gallifrey
They sold out of the Pre-Orders on the CE by like 10 AM when I woke up… darn it :(
Rumors of possible launch date for TOR are going to be in either October or November. Likely November as EA has BF3 in October.

There also is notes of an open beta in September and CE preorders will get 7 days early access while regular preorders get 3 days.
Why is one of the selling points for the Collectors edition "Custom Security Authentication Key" Image
Conner Of Gallifrey
Aaron_R wrote:
Why is one of the selling points for the Collectors edition "Custom Security Authentication Key" Image

WoW uses RSA type encryption to protect your login, I'm guessing TOR is going to do the same?
Because of the amount of WoW users who have gotten keyloggers on their machines then had their accounts hacked. Including the authenticator is a very good move by Bioware. Quite proactive. Word of advice...if there are sites you visit that are questionable or prone to attacks...don't play MMOs. Most likely you'll get a keylogger on your machine at some point. They can come through various means. Last year some got hacked in WoW because of keyloggers hacking into the flash advertisements at a WoW video sites.
But why than is it only on the Collectors edition and doesn't ship with every version?
Probably isn't cost effective. But Blizzard literally handed these out like candy at Blizzcon and some people got extras when they payed for one. So...I don't know if the cost effective argument would sail with TOR. But...the EA is greedy bastages does sail as an effective argument for why even regular editions don't get it! :D

Seriously, they should be included in all editions. The downside of them is, it takes maybe 10 secs longer to log into the game. The keycode they display isn't very long.
For blizzard, you can also get an iPhone app instead of buying the physical gadget. Works just like the keys.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Bioware has stated there will be iOS and Android versions for them as well…
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Old Republic Pre-Orders are out!