360 S and persistent connections

Online now: Google [Bot]
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
All right, so I bought the new style 360 after my old one bit the dust, and I love how quiet it is and all, but recently I noticed a couple things that it does that my old one didn't, with no explanation.
1) I don't consistently have an internet connection in my apartment, so I play offline most of the time. I have bought a few games off the XBLA, and when it is connected, they play as the full version games I bought and paid for and etc. However, whenever it isn't connected, the games are only shown and play as game trials. As in, not the full versions THAT I ALREADY FRACKING PAID FOR. WTF. Maybe there's an update I need to download, but I doubt it. The old model didn't do this, and it's the same version of the dashboard, so I'm at a loss. :mad:
2) This is a lesser issue, but on my old system I had to download an update to play certain kinds of video files. Ok, fair enough. Same deal on the new system, except the player only seems to work WHEN THE SYSTEM IS CONNECTED TO THE NET!

I realize this is the trend that's being followed with the ubiquitousness of connections and so forth, but I shouldn't be penalized for not standing pat with everybody else.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
It is a content license issue.

Check out this article.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

If you haven't done this then it requires a connection to verify that your GamerTag is authorized to play the full version. With the license transferred it won't need to authenticate online.

This is my best guess anyways.
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
I'm pretty sure I did that already, but perhaps it didn't take.
Rukh 330417291599
it is definitely a license issue.

your xbla games and premium dlc authenticate based on two things. your gamertag, and the serial number of the xbox the license for that particular piece of software is associated with.

essentially, the software believes you have brought your hard drive over to your buddy's xbox, since you're not allowed to just leave it there for him to use, it requires that you be online.

the link technobill posted should do the trick. it must be done for each piece of premium content you have. so it's quite possible you missed one in a previous pass. i've done so myself.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
If the link doesn't fix it, a re-download should.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

360 S and persistent connections