Spore!

Page: 1, 2
Online now: No visible users
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
I saw conner cruising my planet, I was still in the evolution phase, but now I am in tribal. it is a cool game i like it!
spike attempting to look on the bright side
Conner wrote:
Was it too hard to go to Walmart/Target/Bestbuy/>insert generic store here<?

I snagged it in an apple store.

name is spikespike
dv
Conner wrote:
Was it too hard to go to Walmart/Target/Bestbuy/>insert generic store here<?

Well, I pre-downloaded it two days before it came out, and I saved the trip.

So not too hard, but unnecessarily harder.
tribal phase is a uncouth individual, civ phase is easier, i have yet to finish the space phase though, but it is really hard too, you can't explore after a while because some douche bag civilization or aliens comes and attacks, and your people are too stupid to protect themselves. But if you attack another civ, they have a moderate quantity of spacecraft coming at you.
FutureDreamz Matthew 5:5
Banned User(s)
I got through to tribal and forgot how to do everything since I saved and quit right after the tutorial and came back a day later.

Either way I'm sure I wont like tribal at all. Skip please?
i made the whole journey from spore to space in one game, about 4 hours. you get some g~d badge.

the easiest route through the game is religion. the next easiest is economy, I still have yet to make it to space in the war mode
dv
moff moff wrote:
i made the whole journey from spore to space in one game, about 4 hours. you get some g~d badge.

the easiest route through the game is religion. the next easiest is economy, I still have yet to make it to space in the war mode

I made it to space in war mode my first time through, in just a couple hours.

KILLING EVERYTHING was easier once I got nukes.

I haven't had as much luck with diplomacy. Some animals you just can't bargain with.
I got the chance to try it out at a friend's house the other night. Didn't play for very long since there were alot of other people there, but I was growing my carnivorous little cell up. I really enjoyed the bit I did get to play...makes me want my own copy even more.
dvpierce wrote:
moff moff wrote:

I made it to space in war mode my first time through, in just a couple hours.

KILLING EVERYTHING was easier once I got nukes.

I haven't had as much luck with diplomacy. Some animals you just can't bargain with.

It may have been the fact that the war scenario was my first try at the game, I am going to go back and see if I can do it again. The game seems fairly simple to complete, if you do not try to change your style of play midpoint.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
:lol:
::NSFW:: Yahtzee reviews Spore ::NSFW::
K once more NSFW due to language & sex innuendos.
i am still getting my ass kicked in war mode, I don't see how everybody thinks this route is the easiest, it is the hardest

oh yeah, funny review too :D
Well, I got a copy. I'm definitely enjoying it.

It took me a bit to figure out that alot of the little choices I was making only really had aesthetic effects. I was thinking the choices I made would have a bigger effect on the gameplay than they did. For example, in that first cellular stage, I turned my guy blue and gave him lighter edges in an attempt to camouflage him and be less likely to be attacked, but it obviously had no effect at all.

I am really liking how customizable everything is though. I can spend forever just designing my species and vehicles.
what's your screen name?
Raccoonnine

Btw, how do you get to other people's planets in game?
dv
evilpoptart414 wrote:
Raccoonnine

I don't think you do - afaik, it's not multiplayer.

The other planets in the galaxy get populated with content that people have shared on Spore.com.
evilpoptart414 wrote:
Raccoonnine

you can find me under the username truchas
Ah. Alright then. Today is the first chance I've gotten to spend any significant time playing so I haven't made it to space mode yet. I had hoped to demolish my friend's peaceful, vegetarian planet, but I guess that's not an option. Ah well.
i think you can, but you want be active online

I tried to make it to the center of the universe last night, bad idea, very bad idea, as you get near the center, the density makes your jumps shorter. the grox are also in the center, i was about 20 jumps from center (i don't have the wormhole thingy yet)when I ran into them, at first they let me continue, but then they changed their mind and attacked me destroying my ship. I was reborn on my planet again, and just in time to see the grox invade the planet and destroy every city on it.

So in other words, don't go to center until you have the most powerful weapons, they kicked my ass. :(

also don't attack the grox when they attack your allies, i think that is where I made the mistake because they were already upset with me when I arrived to their borders.
Heh...good to know. I have just made it to the space stage. This would be because I had to play through tribal and civ stage twice on this character after Spore crashed, and I discovered it didn't automatically save when you started civ mode like it did when you started tribal.

I have now played as both militaristic and industrious. Industrious was more difficult, I think.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Spore!

Page: 1, 2