Spore!

Page: 1, 2
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
Post Reply
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
moff.png moff.png
26.77 KiB - Viewed 792 time(s)


Anyone try it out? it is a little interesting, although it just makes me want spore to come out already!! damnit....

I WANT IT!!

Last edited by moff moff on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm.

dv
User avatar
Demo'd it yesterday, bought it last night, downloaded the full version today.

My screen name is Protea (same as my WoW main.)
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Can you make water creatures with the full version?
dv
User avatar
Conner wrote:
Can you make water creatures with the full version?


Not sure. It only provides the one environment to test your creatures in.

You can make creatures with webbed feet, fins, and fish mouths, but since the full version of Spore relies of city building and spaceflight for the endgame, I kind of doubt Atlanteans will be making an appearance.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
They said in earlier versions you could have aquatic things, with domed cities on the land full of water (to contrast the land peoples ability to build domed cities underwater).
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Further review looks like they took this feature out - disappointing.
I have to admit the spore creator is pretty damn amusing
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
The countdown to Spore has begun!! September 7th is almost here! yay! 'cept i have to wait until the 10th to get my damn dvd :(
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
Won't run on PPC based macs..

:: gives the people that created this the finger ::
:: laughs contemptuously at Sean's lower rung on the evolutionary ladder ::
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Sean wrote:
Won't run on PPC based macs..

:: gives the people that created this the finger ::


Saying it won't run on a computer that's ~2 years old is generous usually.
Conner wrote:
Sean wrote:
Won't run on PPC based macs..

:: gives the people that created this the finger ::


Saying it won't run on a computer that's ~2 years old is generous usually.


I'm currently playing the original Unreal, on my OS X 10.5, Intel Mac mini. :p

I can't play the spore creator thing. ::gives the creators of it another finger::
I'm excited about Spore because it seems so big and complex.

But I'm scared because it seems so big and complex.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
I am excite because they will be able to sell it to religious fanatics as "creature intelligent design"
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
ukimalefu wrote:
Conner wrote:
Sean wrote:
Won't run on PPC based macs..

:: gives the people that created this the finger ::


Saying it won't run on a computer that's ~2 years old is generous usually.


I'm currently playing the original Unreal, on my OS X 10.5, Intel Mac mini. :p

I can't play the spore creator thing. ::gives the creators of it another finger::



There is a difference between an old game on a new computer, and a new game on an old computer.
Conner wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
Conner wrote:
Sean wrote:
Won't run on PPC based macs..

:: gives the people that created this the finger ::


Saying it won't run on a computer that's ~2 years old is generous usually.


I'm currently playing the original Unreal, on my OS X 10.5, Intel Mac mini. :p

I can't play the spore creator thing. ::gives the creators of it another finger::



There is a difference between an old game on a new computer, and a new game on an old computer.


Dude.

YOU

JUST

BLEW

MY

MIND
SpacemanSpiff Resident Gimp
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
I'm excited about Spore because it seems so big and complex.

But I'm scared because it seems so big and complex.


That's what she said
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
I've read that there is an actual lack of depth in the game, but that it's still fun. Seems to be a solid 88%/B+.
I can't use it since I'm running tiger and it requires leopard. I would like to try it but not enough to reinstall.
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
well, it was shpped, now I just have to wait for it to arrive in this podunk town, even when you overnight packages it still takes 3 or 4 days for them to make out here.
dv
User avatar
Conner wrote:
I've read that there is an actual lack of depth in the game, but that it's still fun. Seems to be a solid 88%/B+.


The lack of depth is what makes it fun, imho. It's an actual game, as opposed to how some very deep, complex games can become a way of life.
spike attempting to look on the bright side
User avatar
want. the two apple stores in boston have been sold out for the past couple days.

tangent: why are apple store employees so retarded? they never know anything about anything. im not sure if this is apple's policy but it would be really nice if you could tell me when you will be getting shipment in. That way I won't call and bother you six more times today.
dv
User avatar
spike wrote:
want. the two apple stores in boston have been sold out for the past couple days.

tangent: why are apple store employees so retarded? they never know anything about anything. im not sure if this is apple's policy but it would be really nice if you could tell me when you will be getting shipment in. That way I won't call and bother you six more times today.


They're primarily part time, and a lot of them seem to be hipsters who thought it would be cool to work at the iPod store.
spike attempting to look on the bright side
User avatar
dvpierce wrote:
spike wrote:
want. the two apple stores in boston have been sold out for the past couple days.

tangent: why are apple store employees so retarded? they never know anything about anything. im not sure if this is apple's policy but it would be really nice if you could tell me when you will be getting shipment in. That way I won't call and bother you six more times today.


They're primarily part time, and a lot of them seem to be hipsters who thought it would be cool to work at the iPod store.


They're all retards. They have a hard time getting their story straight. Call 5 different apple stores, receive 5 different answers.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
User avatar
That would make sense if you were asking when their shipments are coming in.
sean Royal Wombat
User avatar
spike writes:
They're all retards. They have a hard time getting their story straight. Call 5 different apple stores, receive 5 different answers.

Alexander Supertramp repies:
That would make sense if you were asking when their shipments are coming in.


Pwnd.
spike attempting to look on the bright side
User avatar
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
That would make sense if you were asking when their shipments are coming in.


I don't think it makes all that much sense for a major release like Spore. Both stores were immediately sold out. Both are the two stores serving metro boston. This was the day of release/day after.
dv
User avatar
Electronic Download FTW.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
User avatar
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.

Unless you're Dan.
dv
User avatar
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.

Unless you're Dan.


Well, yeah, but he reformats his hard drive more often than a Seagate testing lab.
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Go get it at friggin Target - every copy is a Windows/Mac Hybrid for god sakes!

My account is "ConnertheCat" - feel free to add me. :)
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
mine is supposed to arrive today

DAMN YOU UPS!! Hurry the f*ck up!!

I will bet $50 that jackass UPS guy will not even try to deliver it, and I will have to wait another day or 2, that seems to happen a lot out here
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
User avatar
dvpierce wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.

Unless you're Dan.


Well, yeah, but he reformats his hard drive more often than a Seagate testing lab.

:lol:

Sigh...Spore or SW:TFU? Must go check on how kid/family friendly Spore is...
dv
User avatar
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
dvpierce wrote:
LLEVIATHANN wrote:
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.

Unless you're Dan.


Well, yeah, but he reformats his hard drive more often than a Seagate testing lab.

:lol:

Sigh...Spore or SW:TFU? Must go check on how kid/family friendly Spore is...


You can block content from people who aren't on your buddy list, and the "violence" is of the saturday-morning-cartoon variety. So, theoretically very kid-safe. (It's also rated E/10.)
spike attempting to look on the bright side
User avatar
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.


You can buy it and download it online? How long did the DL take?
moff moff Super Happy Fun Time
User avatar
installing it now :D
spike attempting to look on the bright side
User avatar
moff moff wrote:
installing it now :D

same!
dv
User avatar
spike wrote:
dvpierce wrote:
Electronic Download FTW.


You can buy it and download it online? How long did the DL take?

I think the EA download manager is PC only, but I had an average download speed of 750 kB/sec, and it's 3.8GB, so... hour and a half or so...?
Conner Of Gallifrey
User avatar
Was it too hard to go to Walmart/Target/Bestbuy/>insert generic store here<?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

Spore!

Page: 1, 2