Starcraft II

Online now: Google [Bot]
Orion Mad Cow
Anyone here playing Starcraft II yet? How do you like it?
TechnoBill Freakazoid
I tried it but I suck too bad. I can barely handle the single player campaign and online I just get my ass handed to me.

I can't think fast enough, plan fast enough, and click fast enough to win no matter which faction I choose.

I generally succeed at annoying the other online player. They get mad for wasting their time with such a noob.

:lol:
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
I'm just going to wait until all the parts are released, and get the eventual battle chest. the hell I'm going to pay $150 for a new game ($50 for each chapter,) even if it is 10+ years in coming.

I've been playing the original, to get caught back up on the story.
Love it. Love it with a passion. I have been playing since late beta.

If you get it, let me know your associated email address so I can add you. :)
TechnoBill wrote:
I tried it but I suck too bad. I can barely handle the single player campaign and online I just get my ass handed to me.

I can't think fast enough, plan fast enough, and click fast enough to win no matter which faction I choose.

I generally succeed at annoying the other online player. They get mad for wasting their time with such a noob.

:lol:

There's a bit of a learning curve, esp if you never really played the previous game. Find a friend who knows what they are doing, someone patient enough to help you learn. :)
Orion Mad Cow
belloq451 wrote:
I'm just going to wait until all the parts are released, and get the eventual battle chest. the hell I'm going to pay $150 for a new game ($50 for each chapter,) even if it is 10+ years in coming.

I've been playing the original, to get caught back up on the story.

Playing the original is probably a good idea. I'll have to dust it off again.

When are the three parts supposed to be released?
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
Well they haven't yet officially announced 'Heart of the Swarm' (the zerg chapter) but there's been trailers and the like floating around the net, and IGN just lists it as TBA 2012.

So it'll probably be a few more years yet.
I've not bothered since I know I lack the seemingly preternatural reaction times that pro players seem to have.
Orion Mad Cow
DEyncourt wrote:
I've not bothered since I know I lack the seemingly preternatural reaction times that pro players seem to have.

I prefer the single player game myself as I don't have the time to devote to do well online. Played a couple friends of mine in high school with the original and promptly got my ass handed to me by a zergling rush damned near every time. :lol:

Perhaps I will pick up the first chapter to see what I think of the game. Not sure if I have the patience to wait several more years... :(
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Common thread I see is most players hate playing it online cause of the number of pro players that just go all out. Matches turn one sided very quickly. Then theres those who don't like the releasing done in parts.

I'll finally get it when I see it for sub $20. I know all I'll play is SP and I've seen most of it via a friend. Don't feel a need to pay more than $20 for the SP experience.
dv
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
Common thread I see is most players hate playing it online cause of the number of pro players that just go all out.

What we always did in SC I was get a lan party together and then dick around with stuff like "how many ___ can you build?" and "what number of mutalisks are required to kill 50 battlecruisers?"

Stuff like that.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Bought the Collector's Edition on release, enjoyed the hell out of it for a few months but sort of hit a rough spot (my friends and I were playing at around gold level). We stopped, then came back and got owned. Great game though.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Yeah me too, cept with Warcraft, Command and Conquer, Deadlock, and Pax Imperia. We'd all make a truce then go nuts and see who was better at attacking with their massive army. Can't do that with SCII without being logged into Battlenet. No LAN mode from what I remember.

Ahh, fun times in C&C. I almost always won. I'd set up a multi tiered defense net around my base and invest in long range attacks. Friends would always charge in force so using that ion cannon thing along with the defense net, by the time they made it close enough to the base, almost all their heavy equipment would be destroyed. Their defenses usually consisted of a single line which I would split my forces into groups to assault. Some hit n run attacking. The part that broke down first would then get blitzed by a main battle group I'd have in reserve. Good times, but they stopped playing that after awhile. Once I'd get defenses up they started to hate trying to get me out of them.
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
Yeah me too, cept with Warcraft, Command and Conquer, Deadlock, and Pax Imperia. We'd all make a truce then go nuts and see who was better at attacking with their massive army. Can't do that with SCII without being logged into Battlenet. No LAN mode from what I remember.

No pure LAN, but as I understand it once you start the game it is peer-to-peer, so if you are on a LAN you should get LAN performance once the game starts.
Conner Of Gallifrey
C&C was fun, but a bit too much about just massing whatever high level unit you wanted. SC has a bit more micro/countering involved (Unless your protoss, then you just build voidrays :P).
Are they the Protoss answer to the "ZERG RUSH!!!!!"? ;)
They were until there were nerfed like 20 patches ago...

I never see void rays anymore!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Starcraft II