Battlefield 3 Gameplay Footage

Online now: Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
TechnoBill Freakazoid
This is some sick human waste.

I can't wait.

(Bad language in the vid so turn down the audio if you don't want others to hear it.)

http://kotaku.com/#!5792718/heres-12-mi ... s-attached
TechnoBill Freakazoid
The ending is unbelievable.
I can see why anyone would say games like this "rely more on itchy trigger fingers than strategy and intelligence" other than the frenetic hail of bullets you have to unload. One needs to use strategy and intelligence to avoid things like, I don't know, dropping a building on your head while killing the zillion terrorists emulating a "zerg rush".
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
Its the short attention span generation...heh.

Halo/MW players, make up it. Then they complain when people with actual tactics wipe the floor with them. Then the developer nerfs it so brainless rambo charge is the only way to play...ie: Homefront rant.

I just hope BF3 is going to actually have some sort of arsenal besides what was ripped form Bad Company 1. BC2 was so lacking. Same guns with just a few more added. You think it would kill them to add more silencers to things too...gah! I'm so tired of what Halo and UT2k started with sniper rifles having to be insanely loud and firing giant "hey everyone I'm right here!" bullets. Tracers would be one thing but mini jet contrails everywhere...come on.

Oh well, its not like Infinity Ward can beat them now. Frostbite engine has matured well while MW has been stuck on heavily modified Quake 3. People finally caught on that blowing up environments is fun.
Rukh 330417291599
NightCougar of the Dawn wrote:
I'm so tired of what Halo and UT2k started with sniper rifles having to be insanely loud and firing giant "hey everyone I'm right here!" bullets. Tracers would be one thing but mini jet contrails everywhere...come on.

i gotta admit, being killed without any indication regarding where the threat came from is one of the more frustrating things in an fps. i think the highly visible contrails are a very good trade-off for camping snipers.

in the interest of balance, you shouldn't be able to find a spot to hide, and then be able to rain death with impunity until you run out of ammo.

that said, in contrast, i dislike kill cams.
I'm not against some kind of way to spot snipers but tracer bullets would be plenty. The contrails last far too long. Before that, how we took care of snipers/campers was...we'd look for weapon flashes or firing angles from a point where someone bought it. Once you learn their favorite hiding spots, its easy to take them out. Unless you are playing in original Ghost Recon where you just have open areas with trees. But modern games have very linear map layouts. There is always paths, choke points, and a general flow to it. This is where I hate all the whining being done by so many rambo charge players. They don't want to think about an ambush before they go into an area, they just want to charge n blast. They get around this by kill cams. Or the..."I'm too stupid to not rambo charge so I need to know where you are so I won't die from my stupidity again" cam.
That and/or you have a designated idiot on your team.
gawker.com-based site is still broken on my computers.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
sturner Ancient Soldier
The rambo run and gun style is why I prefer my Red Orchestra and Darkest Hour games. Rambos die regularly, and quickly. Run and gun is rewarded for the most part by being shot.

And it doesn't take more than a single shot to the body to take you down. Just like in real life.

On a lighter note L4D and Homefront are fun run and gun games that reward those who use tactics and small unit teamwork.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
Jesus christ dude, we know you love Red Orchestra.
TechnoBill Freakazoid
There was nothing Rambo about that video clip.

All movements were intentional and with purpose as far as I could see.
Homefront was fun till the patch. Then they nerfed things and buffed armor and such. Now its all rambo mode. I've actually been playing BC2 hardcore mode on PC since. Still don't like it compared to BC1 but I wanted something to do on PC. Everytime I've stepped into Homefront, matches are just terrible. Hackers actually have gotten worse. I really didn't notice many before the patch when I'd play, but now I can count multiple on some servers.

Shame too cause I was finally getting up around lvl 50 and unlocking a few of the nice goodies.
user Stupid cockwomble
Alexander Supertramp wrote:
Jesus christ dude, we know you love Red Orchestra.

Especially since STALKER beats the human waste out of it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Battlefield 3 Gameplay Footage