Portal 2

Online now: No visible users
user Stupid cockwomble
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/

Man O man this looks sweet. I like those Mutt and Jeff robots. Look like you've got a funny companion robot of your own - and you get to battle GlaDOS again.

I'm going to get the Mac version off Steam in April.
NightCougar of the Dawn +9650 postcount
I like some of the trailers/teaser vids for it. Some real clever ones they thought up.
Ender bug hunter
user Stupid cockwomble
April 19th, according to the ads they are running on TV.

The pre-orders include a copy of the first Portal which I (and probably everyone else who wants Portal 2) already have, so I've been waiting. Guess the price won't be any less, though.

Although, if I wait until the 21st, it'll end up on a later Amex bill....so there's that.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I got Portal when they released Steam for Mac. It was free.
arkayn wrote:

That first taste is always free. :shifty:
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
arkayn wrote:

Me too, just to see what all the fuss was about. I thought it was an excellent experience, but I'm not so hyped that I'm going to spend $50 on it. Maybe when it is in the bargain bin.
Yeah I liked Portal but I'd rather spend $50 on something else atm. PC games aside from Activision titles do go on sale rather quickly over Steam. It'll be on sale for the holidays if not before that.
Ender bug hunter
You can get it for xbox on amazon for $54, then they give you $30 Amazon store credit.
Rukh 330417291599
have you guys seen the news about how the PSN version will be linked to Steam and will support cross-platform co-op?

pretty interesting news.

not particularly surprising, considering Valve said they had L4D running cross platform pc-360 in house years ago, but had no plans to release it.

really interesting part is how if you buy the PS3 version, you get a code for the pc or mac version online. now that's pretty sweet.
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
So hypothetically, you could buy the PS3 version, get the code, and then sell it to Amazon, and get like $80. Sweet.
Almost seems like they want people to ditch the PS3 for PC :D. Would be easier in a way. They originally didn't even plan to support PS3. Really trying to promote Steam right now even more with that Potato Sack deal. Do wish they would have told you what it was a week ago. Now suddenly there is a page up saying the potatoes are for helping release Portal 2 earlier, but you still have to check other sites to see where the potatoes are. Sale prices aren't the best either. I've seen the titles listed in it for 50% less on holiday sales.

Actually it would be nice if they'd upgrade the consoles already. Its holding back development in PC titles by having to design things for their ancient hardware.
Ender bug hunter
Did anyone, besides me, get this for 360? The game is a blast- much longer, more polished, than the original.
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm thinking about getting it for the 360 instead of the Mac, but I need to wait until next month.
I've only done a few levels, and I'm enjoying it so far. That said, I really wish it came out for the Wii. I think it'd be well suited to the nunchuck and Wii remote controls, based on how much I'm liking that control system for Super Mario Galaxy.
user wrote:
I'm thinking about getting it for the 360 instead of the Mac

Same here, even though my friend has it for PC and I won't be able to play co-op with him... sux that it doesn't at least come with the Mac/PC code like the PS3 version :squint:
user Stupid cockwomble
If I wait a bit, I can get it slightly used for $10 less, but that will still be about the same price as it is on Steam. However, I've gotten used to gaming on my couch instead of in front of my Mac, which I've never expected to do.

My playing of STALKER has suffered as a result.
Ender bug hunter
Well when you get it friend me, there's science to do.
user Stupid cockwomble
Well, I got the 360 version and beat the single player game. But I sold it back to the store so I could save half the cost of the game.

It'll drop in price later, so I'll pick up a copy on credit rather than having to pay cash for it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Portal 2